Talking U2 with you too.

Yeah Live Nation is terrible, I do wonder if their higher prices is to help pay the crew, if so, I wish they would say that as I know U2 works hard to pay the crew a decent wage

I doubt it, ever since they signed that 360 deal with Live Nation prices are through the roof on anything U2 related. I liked the Island Records days.

I was trying to be optimistic since I like U2

I love them and they do take care of the crew, I don't think they have a lot of say over the pricing though.

I used to run the fan site Zoonation.com back in the day.

I don't think they have a lot of say over the pricing though

you are most likely right (like 99%) which really surprises me with how big they are that they don't take more control of these things, not them personally but someone in the inner circle

you are most likely right (like 99%) which really surprises me with how big they are that they don't take more control of these things, not them personally but someone in the inner circle

All speculation, maybe they have the final say in everything.

From what I've read the idea of a 360 deal is that live nation pays them a predetermined chunk of money and then LN takes a cut of everything the band does. Whether that cut is 50% or 95% i don't know.

Its been a few years since I've read details about it.

All speculation, maybe they have the final say in everything.

From what I've read the idea of a 360 deal is that live nation pays them a predetermined chunk of money and then LN takes a cut of everything the band does. Whether that cut is 50% or 95% i don't know.

Its been a few years since I've read details about it.

I do know it takes until the last few shows for the band themselves to make a profit

I stand corrected, they do not have a full 360 deal. So Universal is pricing the albums that high and LN has nothing to do with that.

unpopular opinion

1. Pop (one of the most underrated albums of all time)
  2. Achtung Baby
  3. The Joshua Tree
  4. Boy
  5. The Unforgettable Fire
  6. War
  7. Zooropa
  8. How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
  9. All That You Can’t Leave Behind
  10. Songs of Experience
  11. Songs of Innocence
  12. No Line on the Horizon
  13. October
  14. Rattle and Hum

Colored versions up for pre-order:

Unforgettable Fire (Glad they made it closer to the album cover color, instead of the original marketing of "Red")

Bomb
I will wait for Amazon, the initial posting prices have been great on there

I just wish we could use our subscriber coupons for music. I've been a member for 10 or so years and have probably only used a coupon twice.

I just wish we could use our subscriber coupons for music. I've been a member for 10 or so years and have probably only used a coupon twice.
Yeah, for how much they over charge you should be able to use it on anything.

Back