Talking U2 with you too.

yep, I remember it was probably @Jango
and yes, it is confusing.
I believe in these cases , there's no penalty with the only obligation to obtain the replacement avatar through the "let us pick your avatar for you" thread....
Yeah, I wanted to keep it consistent for now so there’s some continuity.

I really need to catch-up with U2, I kinda dropped them after How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

Fans are all over the place with how they feel about the albums following Bomb.

I personally break up their career into two halves generally.Pre and post ATYCLB. Roughly 20 years on each side. This second half has the most varied opinions. As fans we can't agree on much, haha.

I can't remember from before, did you get the new remaster of it?
of course, I got the clear, but I tell a big difference just from the digital download compared to my original CD rip
That's high praise! Achtung Baby is my favorite.
Be aware critics loved it, many had it on top lists but it didn't sell well (which is how we got the last two albums) it is more of the experimental side for U2 which the members wish they had advertised it as

of course, I got the clear, but I tell a big difference just from the digital download compared to my original CD rip

Be aware critics loved it, many had it on top lists but it didn't sell well (which is how we got the last two albums) it is more of the experimental side for U2 which the members wish they had advertised it as
Poor choice of lead single was probably a good contributor to poor sales.

Poor choice of lead single was probably a good contributor to poor sales.

yep, but it also sold really well the first week and dwindled from there which usually means people who bought it weren't hyping it up to others (at least that is how music and movies are talked about in sustaining sales)

So I just finished a first listen of No Line on The Horizon. I was driving so didn't play close attention to lyrics but, I really liked The Edge's guitar work.

I know there’s a rank ‘em thread (or once was), but thought I would toss this out there again...

U2 Studio Albums (+Under A Blood Red Sky & Rattle and Hum) Ranked:
Unforgettable Fire
Joshua Tree
War
Achtung Baby
Pop
Under A Blood Red Sky
How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
Boy
Songs of Innocence
Zooropa
All That You Can’t Leave Behind
Rattle & Hum
No Line On The Horizon
Songs of Experience
October

Don’t @me!

I know there’s a rank ‘em thread (or once was), but thought I would toss this out there again...

U2 Studio Albums (+Under A Blood Red Sky & Rattle and Hum) Ranked:
Unforgettable Fire
Joshua Tree
War
Achtung Baby
Pop
Under A Blood Red Sky
Boy
Songs of Innocence
Zooropa
Rattle & Hum
No Line On The Horizon
Songs of Experience
October

Don’t @me!
Here’s mine:
1. Achtung Baby
2. The Joshua Tree
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Zooropa
5. War
6. Boy
7. All That You Can’t Leave Behind
8. No Line On the Horizon
9. Rattle & Hum
10. October
11. Pop
12. How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
13. Songs of Innocence/Experience (to me they’re interchangeable)

So I would go with...based on the ones I listen to most and keep returning to

Achtung baby
The Joshua Tree
Boy
The unforgettable fire
War
Under a blood red sky
Zooropa
Pop
Rattle and Hum
No Line on the horizon
October
Songs of experience
Songs of innocence

Passengers (what an indulgence that was , should have kept Miss Sarajevo for a proper album , waste of a great song)

Didn’t realise until you do a list like this how little the last two albums have resonated with me ..

Back