Talking U2 with you too.

I feel like hating U2 is one of the most overrated positions a rock fan can have. I tried to write them off after not liking the last decade or so of their music, but caught The Joshua Tree tour and it was INCREDIBLE.

1. Achtung Baby.
2. The Joshua Tree
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. War
5. Zooropa
6. Pop
7. Boy
8. All That You Can't Leave Behind
9. October
10. How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
11. Rattle and Hum

Tied for last: No Line, Songs of Innocence and Experience.

It seems like a lot of song selections so far are songs that were played only on certain legs, not representative of the whole tour.

I didn't pay too much attention as I will just rip the CD unless these are bonus tracks

I was on board up until Zooropa and then I just got tired of Bono's personality and Edge's inability to solo/over-reliance on echo tricks. I bought that Target CD '7' as a last gasp and that was it. I had a similar path with REM right up to Document and then totally disliked their albums from HiFi forwards and Stipe's persona. To this day, I never listen to either band anymore, it was like a switch shut off.

I was on board up until Zooropa and then I just got tired of Bono's personality and Edge's inability to solo/over-reliance on echo tricks. I bought that Target CD '7' as a last gasp and that was it. I had a similar path with REM right up to Document and then totally disliked their albums from HiFi forwards and Stipe's persona. To this day, I never listen to either band anymore, it was like a switch shut off.

giphy.gif

I had a dream last night that I was at a U2 concert. I had seats behind the stage that was directly connected to the stage. They were playing a new song and those behind the stage were invited to get up and dance directly behind the stage and Bono came over and was having the audience sing a bit of the song. I wish I could remember the lyric but the music sounded a bit like The Little Thing...

$10 off the two at The Sound of Vinyl with the code NEWCOLORS, but they charge shipping (and tax to California)

Mine arrived today , very nice too, shall give them a clean and play over the weekend, the Unforgettable Fire is especially well done , Red Wine colour , fits the album artwork perfectly..finally get to give my well loved 1984 original a rest

Weird !

I’ve used the U2 store twice and both times no problem, also had no issues with the fan club releases so can’t complain
That is probably the majority of people but I can say when things do go wrong it is not a great experience to get it resolved

Back