STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS

Since I finally rode it I can safely say the rise of the resistance ride is worth the wait, tons of action, multiple set pieces, and a fun ending that gave me the confidence to ride the tower of terror, I can say it's very worth the long wait

We also rode star tours a couple times and we were disappointed that it was the same ride each time and was just an ad for episodes 8 and 9

Did you ride the Millenium Falcon one where you can be a gunner, engineer, or pilot? That was is great but it's never a different mission. Star Tours is fun but I wish you could choose your destinations. I don't need to go to Naboo any more.

Did you ride the Millenium Falcon one where you can be a gunner, engineer, or pilot? That was is great but it's never a different mission. Star Tours is fun but I wish you could choose your destinations. I don't need to go to Naboo any more.
We played it for the first time and the groups resident theme park nerd told us about chewie mode

So basically it was so bumpy it was crazy

Just started this as well.
Guessing from the first chapters the Ro girls seem to be central enough to establish a connection to phase 1 from the get-go
Finisher path of deceit
this is heading off pretty dark. Hit me unsuspecting that they kill off both jedi protagnosts in a YA novel. It was more clearly a prequel gk phase than i expexted, clearly the beginning of an origin story for the ro families fight againsg the jedi

Finisher path of deceit
this is heading off pretty dark. Hit me unsuspecting that they kill off both jedi protagnosts in a YA novel. It was more clearly a prequel gk phase than i expexted, clearly the beginning of an origin story for the ro families fight againsg the jedi

Yeah, they're definitely not playing around. It's not like Phase 1 was particularly light-hearted by any means but damn what an opening salvo to Phase 2! Aside from the comics that have yet to be released and Catalyst (which I'm waiting for in paperback) I'm all caught up on Phase 2 and eagerly awaiting the arrival of Path of Vengence in a week and a half. I actually went back and re-read all 3 trades of the core comic for Phase 1 the other night and it was fun to reexamine with what we've been able to put together from the Phase 2 stuff so far. Still lots of unanswered questions but that keeps the excitement high!

Reactions: Jan
A few thoughts on The Mandalorian finale...

It definitely feels like the end was written that it could serve as the Series finale IF it wasn't renewed.

The little thing that bugged me the most was Moff Gideon knew Din Djarin was running free, and was even tracking his location but didn't think he was going to go into his room of clones and destroy them all? It seems like that's something he would have stayed on top of.

A few thoughts on The Mandalorian finale...

It definitely feels like the end was written that it could serve as the Series finale IF it wasn't renewed.

The little thing that bugged me the most was Moff Gideon knew Din Djarin was running free, and was even tracking his location but didn't think he was going to go into his room of clones and destroy them all? It seems like that's something he would have stayed on top of.
It'll be interesting to see what is focused on moving forward. Is it going to be Djarin and Grogu, or will it be Bo Katan and Mandalore. Both of those can have some pretty great storylines.

Loved the arc this season of R5-D4 getting some screen time and being able to get past that bad motivator from years past.

Also loved seeing the "mouse droids" actually do something when they caught R5-D4. Nice to see they have a use.

It'll be interesting to see what is focused on moving forward. Is it going to be Djarin and Grogu, or will it be Bo Katan and Mandalore. Both of those can have some pretty great storylines.

Loved the arc this season of R5-D4 getting some screen time and being able to get past that bad motivator from years past.

Also loved seeing the "mouse droids" actually do something when they caught R5-D4. Nice to see they have a use.
if by "do something" you mean beep and flash lights? lol. It will be interesting to see what they focus on. Without any kind of cliff hanger at the end they really can do whatever they want for Season 4

I was kind of diassapointed honestly. This whole series up to this point has felt like interconnective tissue between diffrent elements of Star Wars, linking prequel/CW elements to post ROTJ universe and outward to the sequels, and the finale felt like a rejection of that, instead focusing on making the show it's own insular story. It made me despise the sequels a little bit less knowing the seeds of it's cloning story were being set up by Moff Gideons cloning experiments, then the finale comes along and says "No he actually wasn't doing this for the larger empire, this was just a pet project of his so he could have a super cool jedi clone army of himself". The episode prior introduced Palleon and Hux in the shadow council scene and really made it feel like this was setting up larger plans for Ahsoka and beyond...and then the finale abandoned all of that. It felt like Din and Bo-Katan were setting off to restart the Mandalorian Empire to be a force in the galaxy once again, but then Din becomes perfectly happy just retiring to a little hut on Navarro. Even the fact that Gideons cloning facility was on Mandalore itself felt like such a streamlined copout. Other red herrings felt like they were never expanded on. We really didn't find out who the spies were, that would have probably helped the last episode make more sense. The mysteriousness of the Armorer feels like it will never be expanded on at this point, which is dissapointing. And the final scene with Din talking to apparently the sole X-Wing pilot for the entire outer rim felt like such a cop-out ending. Maybe it was just my expectations but this felt like such a let down, especially after the masterful finale's to the first 2 seasons

Some feel the reference to "The Spies" was a nod to the 12 spies in the Old Testament who were Israelite chieftains from the Twelve Tribes of Israel that were sent to scout the Promised Land by Moses. So the Spies were the 3 guys on the raft who found there were still places on Mandalore that could sustain life and showed that to Bo Katan (Moses). I'll agree this wasn't the best season but I still enjoyed it. Gideon was keeping projects from the rest of the Shadow Council because he wanted to rule the Imperial remnants. The Armorer is just an Armorer. Din was quested with taking Grogu out on adventures as Din was previous made to do as an apprentice. I took the ending as more a nod to westerns where the lawman or hired gun retires to a home on the range until he's needed again. The X-wing pilot was to tie him into the upcoming Ahsoka story. He was supposed to be a large part of the cancelled Rangers of the New Republic show with Kara Dune. I don't think they abandoned the Shadow Council storyline at all. We know Thrawn is looming and will return in Ahsoka. We know Hux's dad is successful with his necromancer research. That's where Snoke comes from. Palleon will be a part of Ahsoka for sure. The Imperial remnants are scattered on purpose to not give away the larger plot.

Back