STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS

⁸Just finished convergence. Now on to quest for the hidden city

Nice! I haven't read Cataclysm yet and sm about halfway through Path of Vengeance - the two YA novels are definitely proving to be my fave of this phase! And that's no knock on the adult and junior novels as they're all very solid too, but both Path books are just... 👌

Reactions: Jan
Nice! I haven't read Cataclysm yet and sm about halfway through Path of Vengeance - the two YA novels are definitely proving to be my fave of this phase! And that's no knock on the adult and junior novels as they're all very solid too, but both Path books are just... 👌

Started cataclysm after finishing battle of jedha and what's out in the comics so far. I have the feeling phase two is much more integrated between the different media. You'd get a pretty good gist what was happening with just the three adult novels in phase 1. In phase 2 you need the ya, audio drama and especially the high republic comics to understand what's going on

Started cataclysm after finishing battle of jedha and what's out in the comics so far. I have the feeling phase two is much more integrated between the different media. You'd get a pretty good gist what was happening with just the three adult novels in phase 1. In phase 2 you need the ya, audio drama and especially the high republic comics to understand what's going on

Truly yeah. It's a great scope through everything. Finished the Nameless Terror mini-series yesterday and am excited for the manga to drop next week to see what's gonna go down there! The only release date I've been able to find so far for Cataclysm to come out in paperback is next January, which I hope is not actually the case! I may have to grab it from the library in the meanwhile and just add it to my shelf later.

Gonna double back shortly to get through the young adult Phase 1 paperback box set and them book three so I cam finally get to The Fallen Star before Phase 3 begins in November - which feels like forever away right now!

Reactions: Jan
In today's this is how you know you're old file, Return of the Jedi was released in theaters 40 years ago today. I was 6 when it was released and there was no bigger movie for me. Empire was too scary and slow for my child brain. Jedi had lots of action, interesting creatures, a super villain that was scary because you had no idea who he was and how much power he had if Vader was afraid of him. Then you have the Ewoks which was the chef's kiss to a child. I called my mom earlier to thank her for all the times she took me to theater so I could watch it that summer.

Last edited:
In today's this is how you know you're old file, Return of the Jedi was released in theaters 40 years ago today. I was 6 when it was released and there was no bigger movie for me. Empire was too scary and slow for my child brain. Jedi had lots of action, interesting creatures, a super villain that was scary because you had no idea who he was and hope much power he had if Vader was afraid of him. Then you have the Ewoks which was the chef's kiss to a child. I called my mom earlier to thank her for all the times she took me to theater so I could watch it that summer.
I was six, as well. I was obsessed with Star Wars leading up to RoTJ's release. I remember having a collectible magazine with tons of behind the scenes photos, as well as stills from the film. Developed a massive crush on Carrie Fisher, even at six.

The movie just seemed so BIG to me then, totally magical. And the (then) silent way Vader turned to the Emperor, picked him up, and threw him brought tears to my young eyes, and still does (I tune out the "no" part)

I was six, as well. I was obsessed with Star Wars leading up to RoTJ's release. I remember having a collectible magazine with tons of behind the scenes photos, as well as stills from the film. Developed a massive crush on Carrie Fisher, even at six.

The movie just seemed so BIG to me then, totally magical. And the (then) silent way Vader turned to the Emperor, picked him up, and threw him brought tears to my young eyes, and still does (I tune out the "no" part)

That scene hits so differently now to me as a parent. That's why I always scoff at rankings that have Jedi any lower than 3. The redemption of Anakin and the love of Luke for his father and how he never gave up on him was such an amazing end to that movie.

That scene hits so differently now to me as a parent. That's why I always scoff at rankings that have Jedi any lower than 3. The redemption of Anakin and the love of Luke for his father and how he never gave up on him was such an amazing end to that movie.
Another thing about it: as a kid, watching the first two obsessively, seeing Luke trying and failing at the end of Empire, in RoTJ when he walks into Jabba's palace clad in all black, just totally confident, was...amazing.

At 3 I was a bit too young for Jedi when it came out. But I very much remember a lot of the hype and promotion around its release - particularly the little 1-inch square trading cards that came with Hostess (I think) potato chips - I definitely had a bunch of these and a few other odds and ends. It was a couple of years later I saw Empire first and then Jedi and loved both. I never saw the original until a fair few years later - knowing the bulk of its story from the perspective of C-3PO and R2-D2 thanks to Marvel's Droids comics.

Pretty sure the last time I watched Jedi was the theatrical re-release. Reckon I'm gonna remedy that tonight.

Jedi was the first movie I went to see on my own during a matinee. My parents dropped me off at the cinema and picked me up after. I would have been 12.

Saw both SW and ESB at the drive-in with my folks.

Not sure if anybody else here has read the From a Certain Point of View books, but Catherynne M. Valente's story "This is No Cave" in the Empire Strikes Back book may well be my favourite piece of Star Wars writing I've read yet!

My mom still has the entire Burger King set. Just be careful drinking out of them.

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

View attachment 172979

Also, I forgot Cavan Scott wrote this one. Now I'm even more excited!
Finished this today and wrapped up phase 2 with it except for edge of balance.
Will be interestinv to see how phase 3 will bring things home. For phase 2 I think the 2 ya "path" novels are the nost essential reading, but as mentioned before, the narrative o the Main Story oc this era is far more spread out about the different Formats than in phase 1 where the adult novels carried the most weight storywise

Back