STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS

You're ahead of me at this point! My shitty chronic illness flareup has been dying down over this month and I've started reading regularly again but still haven't started Phase 2 (Fell down a big rabbithole of reading 70's Avengers comics...) Might just wait till the phase ends at this point and people work out a solid timeline and where stuff takes place and then marathon it all. From my cursory reading of the HR reddit page it still seems like things are falling into place.

Glad to hear your flareup is dying down. It definitely sounded unpleasant. But then, anything pairing the words chronic and flareup seems to have propensity for unpleasantness. 70s Avengers comics are a very fun rabbit hole!

I've definitely found myself thinking a few times how nice it was to come into The High Republic right as the third wave of Phase 1 was hitting so I could marathon most of it in short order. I love and hate the waiting game - at least I have a good stack of stuff to carry me for a while now - including doubling back to finish Phase 1! As far as Phase 2 reading order goes I know Path of Deceit was the first out and mentioned in interviews a few times as a rather definitive starting point. The regular comic series definitely takes place later, and the first 5 issues seem to lead into The Battle of Jedha. I have absolutely no idea yet where Convergence falls within all of it, and even less of an idea of where the Adventures comic series ties in. As for The Blade it's technically in Phase 2 but I've yet to find it tying into the rest of the Phase 2 narrative rather than providing the back story for a Phase 1 character. Obviously, that may look different down the road but that's my view on things for now.

Also, I don't know if you've looked at The Art of the High Republic at all, but it's pretty damn sweet. I'd taken it out of my local library but then managed to get a copy for 35% off, which was still spendy but felt more reasonable - especially after having flipped through and starting to read a copy!

Reactions: Jan
!!!

swce-2023-thr-panel-phase3-teaserposter_fe1903ba.jpeg

Also:

Vernestra Rwoh will be in The Acolyte!!

[edit:] Phase 3 is gonna be a long haul though... first wave rolls out in November; second wave hits Summer 2024; final wave touches down Spring 2025.

Was this just announced as well or has it been known for awhile?

Meh…more Filoni bastardizing EU material to fit his characters and this pre-sequel setting. Even name dropped Heir to the Empire here.

Rebels is such a frustrating show and now it’s characters are in every SW show it seems. Really not a fan of that one.

And even more new faces powering up their lightsabers even though that makes no sense at this point in Star Wars…but gotta sell toys right?

Meh…more Filoni bastardizing EU material to fit his characters and this pre-sequel setting. Even name dropped Heir to the Empire here.

Rebels is such a frustrating show and now it’s characters are in every SW show it seems. Really not a fan of that one.

And even more new faces powering up their lightsabers even though that makes no sense at this point in Star Wars…but gotta sell toys right?
Besides Zeb havae any of the characters appeared in other shows yet?

Besides Zeb havae any of the characters appeared in other shows yet?
Maybe I phrased that poorly…it’s more that elements from that show are appearing everywhere recently, just a reminder that this frustrating show is firmly canon.

And little Hera did appear in the Bad Batch.

Back