STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS

I actually thought she was a really bad actress and sucked the life out of the scenes she was in. I was surprised how long it took Disney to drop her, she's been saying stupid crap for a while.

When she was Crush on American Gladiators she was great, but she never said anything, just smacked people with jousting poles and looked intimidating.

I enjoyed her character. The galaxy is poorer for its loss of her.

To be honest, I wouldn't have minded if they kept her, but I also won't mind her absence. She was good for the action scenes, but a bit wooden in the acting department.

(My post above was a Poochie / Alderaan joke that I couldn't resist.)

(I also guess I have a hard time feeling bad for anyone still using social media past age 25).

Last edited:
To be honest, I wouldn't have minded if they kept her, but I also won't mind her absence. She was good for the action scenes, but a bit wooden in the acting department.

(My post above was a Poochie / Alderaan joke that I couldn't resist.)

(I also guess I also have a hard time feeling bad for anyone still using social media past age 25).
I think it's a non-issue, like you said, I can take her character or leave it, it worked for the Season 2 storyline, but is there a REAL need to expand on it. All the Hollywood/Lucas/Disney finger pointing isn't something I'll loose sleep over.

..............but is it wrong that my only real "eye-roll" is that her interview to air her side was with Ben Shapiro of all people :rolleyes:

I think it's a non-issue, like you said, I can take her character or leave it, it worked for the Season 2 storyline, but is there a REAL need to expand on it. All the Hollywood/Lucas/Disney finger pointing isn't something I'll loose sleep over.

..............but is it wrong that my only real "eye-roll" is that her interview to air her side was with Ben Shapiro of all people :rolleyes:
Considering that they are working together on a new project, it’s only natural. Especially with a hostile access media that is overtly lying about her words and actions.

If you found yourself in the middle of some controversy needing or wanting to explain yourself to others, would you choose folks who slandered you or a friendly hand to help get your side of the story out?

Nobody needs to lie about her words and actions when they're all readily available on her social media.

Slamming my whole dang fist on the ignore button now. I'd kind of love if this discussion was in the more appropriate Your Fave is Problematic thread if we're going to steer away from actual Star Wars bullshitting and veer into TERF talk and politically-charged grousing.

Nobody needs to lie about her words and actions when they're all readily available on her social media.

Slamming my whole dang fist on the ignore button now. I'd kind of love if this discussion was in the more appropriate Your Fave is Problematic thread if we're going to steer away from actual Star Wars bullshitting and veer into TERF talk and politically-charged grousing.
I didn’t start this leg of the conversation for the record. That said, this is exactly the kind of willful misrepresentation of her social media posts I was referring to.

I really hate that SW has become an inflection point in the culture wars. It prevents honest appraisal of stories and acting because folks are obligated to defend “their side”. What used to be something everyone could love is now a wedge topic and has a corporate owner that’s been busy alienating a massive chunk of its fanbase. It makes me sad for the nearly 40 years of fandom quickly slipping down the drain due to the actions of Lucasfilm.

People thought the fandom was slipping down when fans were crapping on the prequels. Ahmed Best, Hayden Christensen, and Jake Lloyd had a pretty hard time making it through that period. Yet Star Wars still endures. Perhaps everyone should just stop worrying about social media and just get back to enjoying the films and series.

Saw a fun rumor that Cara Dune is getting replaced possibly by Hera Syndulla from Star Wars Rebels in the Rangers of the New Republic spinoff show.

There's a really nice MONDO timed edition going on sale tomorrow, for those that may be into this sort of thing. Not cheap, but MONDO screenprints are usually exquisite. And this one is 12 color.

Back