STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS

I really should have just copied all my rants from the previous forum so that I can just paste them here when necessary. But yes I'm also pretty apprehensive of that Rise trailer. If JJ rebuilds the Kylo mask after Johnson destroyed it, my eyes are gunna roll out of my head. Not to mention "Fine, you killed my big bad (Snoke) HERE'S THE EMPEROR!"
This stuff could be done well, but I'm rather concerned. Seems more like Director Wars at this point.

So what's with the title?
Skywalkers will become a new title like Jedi. It’s kind of corny, but that’s the best idea going around that I kinda dig. And would be a cool ending to the “Skywalker Saga” they’ve been calling this whole thing. Would also give meaning to Rey’s weird anime backflip in the trailer?

My biggest fear at this point is that they retroactively make Rey related to someone noteworthy.

This is totally what will happen
I’m really more interested in what they do with Kylo now. I know people think he’s on a redemption path but I’m not sure. I love this little bit of concept art from the new art book.

A5340188-0E19-44C3-91A9-7071DCC7A736.jpeg

Reminds me of the weird Skype call they had in TLJ and Rey’s weird mirror-fever dream sequence. I want them to do more trippy stuff like that.

I’m really more interested in what they do with Kylo now. I know people think he’s on a redemption path but I’m not sure. I love this little bit of concept art from the new art book.

View attachment 909

Reminds me of the weird Skype call they had in TLJ and Rey’s weird mirror-fever dream sequence. I want them to do more trippy stuff like that.
No way. The trailer even has him remaking his mask. They’re totally going to undo the majority of character development from TLJ

So what's with the title?

I think it's either that Skywalker will be the name of the next generation of Jedi (making it true that Luke is the Last Jedi, or at least Rey is), or that Kylo owns his evil heritage and takes the name back as a symbol of crazy evil.

I’m long on record with my hatred of the trash that is TLJ, and while I am certain that ROS will retcon the shit out of it, I have no faith at all that it will be done well. I’m just not seeing how they can fix it in a manner that ends up with even a decent film, let alone a good one.

Overall, my feelings about the main SW story is one of sadness. So much rich material, legacy and potential just mishandled and shit on by the folks entrusted with it.

I can agree with your last sentence some what. The OT and PT had one thing going for it, good and bad. The one vision of what George Lucas wanted. Sure, the OT was heavily changed and edited by those around Lucas, very much for the better. Lucas though was the creative vision behind it all. I wish Kathleen Kennedy had just decided, this is JJ's trilogy. He's going to write them all, he may direct or he'll hand the directing off to someone he trusts. I'm happy that Lucasfilm is doing this with Rian Johnson's trilogy, assuming it happens, and the Weiss and Beinhoff trilogy that's already confirmed. I'm overly thrilled about Disney+ because I think that will grant Lucasfilm the ability to experiment and it not be overly scrutinized like Solo. It's a platform that allows them to try new things. I'm over the moon in my excitement for the Mandalorian. I think it has so much potential.

I can agree with your last sentence some what. The OT and PT had one thing going for it, good and bad. The one vision of what George Lucas wanted. Sure, the OT was heavily changed and edited by those around Lucas, very much for the better. Lucas though was the creative vision behind it all. I wish Kathleen Kennedy had just decided, this is JJ's trilogy. He's going to write them all, he may direct or he'll hand the directing off to someone he trusts. I'm happy that Lucasfilm is doing this with Rian Johnson's trilogy, assuming it happens, and the Weiss and Beinhoff trilogy that's already confirmed. I'm overly thrilled about Disney+ because I think that will grant Lucasfilm the ability to experiment and it not be overly scrutinized like Solo. It's a platform that allows them to try new things. I'm over the moon in my excitement for the Mandalorian. I think it has so much potential.

I think the Mandalorian is what a lot of us want from these new Star Wars: a look at the unprodded corners of the universe, following side ideas and areas on a lark. I this Disney+ will give us more little things like that, with the big trilogy movies being slightly-rarer events.

Disney+ will be a lot of fun. New Star Wars shows. New Marvel shows. Tons of new animated options like Marvel's What If (my absolute favorite comics growing up), Disney Vault movies like Jungle Book. And all for $7 a month. I mean if you told 8 year old me in 1984 that I'd grow up and have kids that age in a time where there was going to be that much content, I would think you were a mad man.

Since I grew up in the eighties of course I love the trilogy. The expectation towards The Phantom Menace was overwhelming and we all know how well that went. Ever since - and especially since Disney took over the franchise - I appreciate the movies but it has never been the way it has been in my early years.

You guys, I really would appreciate any advice on how I could convince my wife of the awesomeness of the old movies. Any ideas?

If they had released Solo on Disney+, it would be lauded as an incredible achievement. I enjoyed it immensely.

I finally watched the 2nd new one since I was mandated this avatar. It was good! Weird that awful folks get so riled up by these fun pretty movies.

giphy.gif

Back