Spotify Wrapped (share what you've been listening to!)

Ohhhhh, *now* I understand why people are always saying that having kids ruined their streaming accounts. My #2 track for the year is Tiffany's cover of "I Think We're Alone Now" because that was the only thing that could get my kid to stop crying for a 3 minute stretch at the beginning of this year.
That's why I finally opened a family account. My 14 year old is FINALLY discovering some music they enjoy (still mainly video game music from Genshin Impact, and some Weird Al) but my 7 year old is totally throwing my list off, haha!

Had some interesting data this year. Not only was Silversun Pickups not my top artist for I think the first time, but they weren't even Top 5. I didn't listen to as much music this year, less driving and less listening while working overall led to that I think. I spent most of my time this year either listening to new albums or doing deep dives - my top 3 artists reflect this.

I actually had to look up what Bubblegrunge was. Certainly fits my taste, and I expected to see shoegaze somewhere in here, and from what I read this one could be considered a cousin.

TopGenres.jpg

No surprises in my top 5 artists this year. However, 3-5 of my Top 5 songs are somewhat surprising. I don't remember listening to The Sun Hasn't Left more than a couple times, I feel like other Modest Mouse songs and I think Something in My Eye (Matt Berry) and rearviewmirror come up a lot when I shuffle my liked songs playlist.

SpotifyTopStuff.jpg

An interesting addition this year. If you were as confused as I was on this one, they have an article about it here Learn More About the Audio Aura in Your Spotify 2021 Wrapped With Aura Reader Mystic Michaela — Spotify It does seem to fit my tastes overall.

AudioAura.jpg

Back