Spin The Black Circle - The Pearl Jam Thread

I feel the same. I ended up pre-ordering Flag Day from Amazon rather than PJ dot com because of their ridiculous shipping charges. I expect that Ed's solo album will be on Amazon at some point, and I suppose it's possible that there might be an indie store variant. I will of course end up getting it, just not sure from where yet.
I ended up ordering from 10C even though it isn’t an exclusive variant, because the extra goodies they threw in with the LP2 club orders are always in the back of my mind. The vinyl/merch situation with this band has broken my brain.

Ed spring tour announced, and on the positive side he's playing a small theater near me. On the negative side, 2 tix via the 10 club presale would run $475 after fees. I saw the Earthlings at Ohana, and at this price I think I'd have to skip this tour.

Ed spring tour announced, and on the positive side he's playing a small theater near me. On the negative side, 2 tix via the 10 club presale would run $475 after fees. I saw the Earthlings at Ohana, and at this price I think I'd have to skip this tour.
Yeah I’ll be in (though some work travel issues will make the lotto gamesmanship for the two Beacon Dates a little more interesting than it usually is for me). The price is annoying but within my tolerance.

Yeah I’ll be in (though some work travel issues will make the lotto gamesmanship for the two Beacon Dates a little more interesting than it usually is for me). The price is annoying but within my tolerance.
I've already flipped on my decision a few times. Good thing the presale window is open for a few days.

I've already flipped on my decision a few times. Good thing the presale window is open for a few days.
I don't think I can justify $475/pr. I LOVE Glen Hansard, and it's great that he's support and playing in the band, but these prices are seriously insane. If I do go, it certainly won't be multiple shows like I used to do for Ed solo.

I saw Eddie at the Beacon in 2011 and United Palace in 2008. Both were great shows, but for $475 bucks, I'll pass on his half cooked Tom Petty covers. :devilish:

Kind of a Dilemma
Do i buy this?

It's grey label at best and probably a rip from an cm broadcast but the show has been supposedly stellar ( the set list is) and would be fun to have this on vinyl
Any thoughts?

Kind of a Dilemma
Do i buy this?

It's grey label at best and probably a rip from an cm broadcast but the show has been supposedly stellar ( the set list is) and would be fun to have this on vinyl
Any thoughts?

the band released (an incomplete) soldier field 95 as part of their vault series but it’s hella expensive on the secondary market and i’d be surprised if they repress it any time soon, so if you feel it’s a show you must have on vinyl (and it really is an absolutely classic show, so...) and can acknowledge it’s inherent lineage and likely sound defects, then i’d say go for it.

the band released (an incomplete) soldier field 95 as part of their vault series but it’s hella expensive on the secondary market and i’d be surprised if they repress it any time soon, so if you feel it’s a show you must have on vinyl (and it really is an absolutely classic show, so...) and can acknowledge it’s inherent lineage and likely sound defects, then i’d say go for it.
Yes, I Looked for the vault series versionon discogs and it starts at over 200$

And arguing that maybe I'd invest in a nugs.net subscription and might just buy shows I like. They seem to have the complete show and for such a live recording streaming probably sounds just as good as vinyl

What a joke that band released an incomplete show. I’m tempted to get this to have the stuff missing from my official vault

Back