Spin The Black Circle - The Pearl Jam Thread

so, i listened to earthling and liked it more than i expected. i think the second half is actually the better one where he is trying to venture further away from the pj sound. On first listen i like it better than the last pj album

So if they reisse rearviewmirror do we have any hope in getting lost dogs? That would be the one I would be getting for sure

i think everything is on the table at this point. they have to know they're just leaving money on that table if they don't. i'm just speculating, but i pretty much expect a lost dogs and benaroya reissue sooner than later, and maybe more color variants of catalog albums- lightning bolt turns 10 next year, riot act 20, and vs will be 30(!)- for vs i would at least bet on a target or walmart exclusive like there was for ten.

i think everything is on the table at this point. they have to know they're just leaving money on that table if they don't. i'm just speculating, but i pretty much expect a lost dogs and benaroya reissue sooner than later, and maybe more color variants of catalog albums- lightning bolt turns 10 next year, riot act 20, and vs will be 30(!)- for vs i would at least bet on a target or walmart exclusive like there was for ten.
I hope you're right. I sold my RVM, Lost Dogs and Benny in 2015 and bought a ticket to Hawaii. I can't say I regret it, but I'd like to have them back. I got them all for less than $40 each back in 2004 or so. Those were the days.

actually, riot act is 20 later this year. i always think 2003 because of the tour, but the album was out in like november or december of 2002. i could see a 10c only color variant for this like they did for no code.

on another note, still not feeling the earthling album at all really. the upbeat rockers - good & evil, rose of jericho, try - in the middle third of the album are about the only things i feel like coming back to, and even then the pull isn't very strong. i'm hoping none of these earthling tracks take up slots at a pearl jam show. on my way at the end is pretty nice- definitely can hear ed's voice within the sound of his dad's. still glad i went to the shows, though, the earthlings band is definitely worth seeing.

Well, my streak of seeing Eddie is going to continue after all. Ohana festival sent out an email yesterday giving away 100 free tickets for the LA show tonight, and I managed to get 2. Couple of hour drive, but will cost me less in gas than than a single ticket for the San Diego show on Sunday! Definitely looking forward to it. Would love to hear Timeless Melody or Give Blood.

Well, that was a hell of a show. Benmont Tench of the Heartbreakers came out early for Room at the Top & Long Way, then a pretty standard main set. Things escalated in the encore, with a cover of Marvin Gaye's / (but really The Bands arrangement of) "Don't Do It" complete with horn section, Benmont coming back out for The Waiting, and the Stewart Copeland taking over the drums for Message in a Bottle. The Youtube theater is connected to Sofi stadium in LA, and has just about the best sound I've heard anywhere. Crystal clear in the nosebleeds.

I'll post some pics over in the live shows thread in a day or two. In the meantime, Jambase has some videos.

Edit - Pic from the encore with Stewart on drums and Chad on guitar.

1645982022635.png

Last edited:
Rescheduled tour dates are out! Plus a few new shows. I'll be at San Diego and LA 2, been sitting on those tickets for over 2 years.

DATECITYVENUETYPE
May 3San Diego, CAViejas ArenaPostponed Date
May 6Los Angeles, CAThe ForumPostponed Date
May 7Los Angeles, CAThe ForumPostponed Date
May 9Glendale, AZGila River ArenaPostponed Date
May 12Oakland, CAOakland ArenaPostponed Date
May 13Oakland, CAOakland ArenaPostponed Date
May 16Fresno, CASave Mart ArenaNew Date
May 18Sacramento, CAGolden 1 CenterNew Date
May 20Las Vegas, NVMGM Grand Garden ArenaNew Date
September 1Quebec City, QCVideotron CentrePostponed Date
September 3Ottawa, ONCanadian Tire CentrePostponed Date
September 6Hamilton, ONFirstOntario Centre Postponed Date
September 8Toronto, ON Scotiabank Arena Postponed Date
September 11New York, NY Madison Square Garden Postponed Date
September 14Camden, NJ Waterfront Music Pavilion New Date
September 16Nashville, TN Bridgestone Arena Postponed Date
September 18St. Louis, MO Enterprise Center Postponed Date
September 20Oklahoma City, OK Paycom Center Postponed Date
September 22Denver, CO Ball Arena Postponed Date

Yeah, there's no way they only do one night at MSG.
I believe that the Apollo show is on the 10th, and my feeling is they will add another MSG. Hate the Camden venue, but will of course be there. We have 10c tix for Toronto, going to add Hamilton, then do MSG(s) and Camden. Just don't think we can make any west coast shows in May work.

Just when I thought MSG would be my only PJ show this year, my friends and I are quickly coalescing around a trip to Bourbon & Beyond the next weekend. I’m usually not down for festivals but that is a pretty good lineup.

Any ten club members that would be willing/ able to pick up a copy for me of the clear no code vinyl that just got posted?

Back