Spin The Black Circle - The Pearl Jam Thread

1625236835799.png

judging by the hair, matt’s pop is even era specific, when he wasn’t in the band.

the dave a situation has always been weird to me.
It's not that weird, he's just a sour old grump who's been holding a grudge for nigh on 30 years. You never hear Jack Irons complaining about how he was or is treated. Or Dave Krusen. Or Matt Chamberlain. Or Mick Shrimpton. Or Eric "Stumpy Joe" Childs.

he’s a grump with a grudge, sure. but c’mon, the way he was unceremoniously dumped, how little is truly known about his ouster, and how this significant change is just glossed over while dave is persona non grata in pretty much everything the band has put out about their history *is* fucking weird, man.

he’s a grump with a grudge, sure. but c’mon, the way he was unceremoniously dumped, how little is truly known about his ouster, and how this significant change is just glossed over while dave is persona non grata in pretty much everything the band has put out about their history *is* fucking weird, man.
See, I think it would be weirder if they had made his dumping more ceremonious, or if the band made more details about it known. They've always stayed silent about it, whereas Dave has made a whole public persona around kvetching constantly about how Eddie is a jerk and the rest of the band is too whipped to do anything about it. He's credited properly in everything they put out that involves him (e.g. the Unplugged record) but that's not good enough for him apparently (he took to social media to complain about how he didn't get a close-up in the gatefold). I don't see how he's been treated differently than Jack or anyone else.

It's not that weird, he's just a sour old grump who's been holding a grudge for nigh on 30 years. You never hear Jack Irons complaining about how he was or is treated. Or Dave Krusen. Or Matt Chamberlain. Or Mick Shrimpton. Or Eric "Stumpy Joe" Childs.

Poor Stumpy Joe. Choked to death on vomit. Too bad there's no way to prove whose vomit it was.

And, while I resisted ordering the Funko pops, I did finally get this Vault preorder in. Long wait, but it does sound good, excellent mix. First vault I've gotten, the packaging is pretty nice as well. If you preordered it, I hope you don't have any issues. Word on the PJ board is that they don't have any replacements.

1625613579731.png

Gotta say, I'm thrilled about the Ohana Encore weekend. Don't think I can swing both days, but will definitely get to Saturday October 2nd. PJ, Brandi Carlile, Sleater-Kinney, and Margo Price!

1626726519420.jpeg

And per the email, the 2020 tour dates are being rescheduled for early 2022.

was able to make it work to get out there for both ohana weekends with minimal impact on my work/pto, so am pretty excited about that. so i will be in so.cal for a week and half, and earlier in september at bonnaroo for a week. after the last year-plus, these trips will be a reeeeaal niiiice break.

and if the band reschedules the postponed tour shows for early next year like they've indicated, i could be back out there just a few months later. with the three ohana pj shows, and then the gigaton san diego/la shows i'm sitting on tix for, that will be six pearl jam shows in roughly six months (and the last one will be show #40 for me).

they really do go through a lot of drummers. in fairness, drummers are the thing that makes the music go so getting one that gels properly is crucial. but they've had a bunch, and really good ones too. irons and chamberlain are no slouches.

eh it's a breakup. some people have a harder time moving on than others. really depends on temperament and what else you have going on in your life. irons has been in and out of famous-as-shit bands before and after his time in PJ. abbruzezezeze had PJ and....that's about it? I honestly don't know.

EDDIE VEDDER LONG WAY 7" VINYL SINGLE​

2021 EDDIE VEDDER LONG WAY 7" VINYL SINGLE

EV_LongWay_7in_Mockup_2048x2048.jpg

From the forthcoming solo album, Earthling.

i have to admit that i still find this a little underwhelming. i have flag day on pre-order but will hold off on that 40$ LP before i can hear more.
I feel the same. I ended up pre-ordering Flag Day from Amazon rather than PJ dot com because of their ridiculous shipping charges. I expect that Ed's solo album will be on Amazon at some point, and I suppose it's possible that there might be an indie store variant. I will of course end up getting it, just not sure from where yet.

Reactions: Jan
Back