Soul Step Records Subscription

We just announced our next release - SSR-048 will be a 45 release with Leo Pastel. It's a big change genre-wise from recent releases - but we are hoping to get behind artists from all different genres!

Soul Step Records is ecstatic to announce the partnership behind SSR-048, Leo Pastel! Ever since the first time we heard his voice - we knew this was someone we wanted on our label.

Leo Pastel has only begun to release music starting in June 2018, and quickly after the release of “Woah” he has picked up a quick fan base based on the viral hit.

For fans of Solange, Steve Lacy, and Blood Orange, Leo Pastel is known for his unique R&B sound and his vulnerable authenticity. Leo brings along two amazing singer/songwriters for this 7” single with Muwosi and Brooklynn Rae.

Limited edition vinyl will go on sale exclusively to Soul Step Subscribers on Saturday, July 20th at 1PM EST.
The general public sale will be available on Monday, July 22nd.

Happy to finally share that one of our best selling albums is back in print! When we released it last year - it sold out the entire pressing in a flash.

Brian Owens - "Soul of Cash"
Coming back in print on August 4th, to Soul Step Subscribers.

Where SOUL meets COUNTRY.

We've got some fun things up our sleeve with this one!

IMG_1531.jpg

Here is the picture of the limited edition vinyl for our upcoming release “Soul of Cash” with Brian Owens.

This album is where SOUL meets COUNTRY. For fans of Marvin Gaye, Durand Jones & The Indications, and Sam Cooke. View attachment 12698
Gotta get on this one between all the Pickathon fun this weekend! This reminds me a little of JC Brooks & The Uptown Sound doing Wilco's I Am Trying To Break Your Heart -

dang, just requested to be a member of this club. Had never heard of it before I stumbled on the Brian Owens release but it sounds fantastic.. Not easy songs to cover and make stand out in the slightest but he nailed it.

Back