Soul Step Records Subscription

Bam! Just announced.

I will always feel as long as this heart is beating...

Soul Step Records proudly announces, SSR-049 with Fort Defiance! After collaborating on the sold out 7” single earlier with Soul Step, the partnership brings their landmark album, “The Haunts of Youth” on vinyl.

This has been one of the biggest requests from fans of the label, to release this album on vinyl. Soul Step is excited to have another sure-fire sold out release on their hands.

Fort Defiance are probably one of the hardest working bands in the business. Playing over 250 shows a year and covering countless miles on their van. They continue to capture new fans at each stop with their high-energy and intimate show.

This album is for fans of Shovels & Rope, Brandi Carlile, and The Civil Wars. Their brand of sincere Country music broods with energy as their Two voices seemingly blend into One. From the first chord to the last, this album is full of heartbreaking and gorgeous tunes.

Limited edition vinyl will go on sale on Saturday, July 6th to Soul Step Subscribers.

The general public sale will be on Monday, July 8th.

Bam! Just announced.

I will always feel as long as this heart is beating...

Soul Step Records proudly announces, SSR-049 with Fort Defiance! After collaborating on the sold out 7” single earlier with Soul Step, the partnership brings their landmark album, “The Haunts of Youth” on vinyl.

This has been one of the biggest requests from fans of the label, to release this album on vinyl. Soul Step is excited to have another sure-fire sold out release on their hands.

Fort Defiance are probably one of the hardest working bands in the business. Playing over 250 shows a year and covering countless miles on their van. They continue to capture new fans at each stop with their high-energy and intimate show.

This album is for fans of Shovels & Rope, Brandi Carlile, and The Civil Wars. Their brand of sincere Country music broods with energy as their Two voices seemingly blend into One. From the first chord to the last, this album is full of heartbreaking and gorgeous tunes.

Limited edition vinyl will go on sale on Saturday, July 6th to Soul Step Subscribers.

The general public sale will be on Monday, July 8th.
View attachment 8970

This has been the toughest month of my life but this is some damn good news!

We showcased this bad boy today - our limited to 100 variant from the upcoming LP release from Fort Defiance - "The Haunts of Youth."

Limited to 100 "FIST FIGHT" vinyl....A vinyl so tough it'll kick your ass. Dropping on July 6th.

Attachments

• IMG_5639.jpg
    IMG_5639.jpg
    494.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5640.jpg
    IMG_5640.jpg
    382.3 KB · Views: 7
We showcased this bad boy today - our limited to 100 variant from the upcoming LP release from Fort Defiance - "The Haunts of Youth."

Limited to 100 "FIST FIGHT" vinyl....A vinyl so tough it'll kick your ass. Dropping on July 6th.

Can't wait to see what else the Americana/Folk series has to offer. Vinyl looks amazing.

Hello everyone,

Soul Step Records, a vinyl only independent record label based out of Cincinnati, OH has a unique business plan. Upfront the cost of vinyl for independent artists to get their music on vinyl.

A record label that operated like a non-profit? The traditional record labels haven't taken care of their artists.Soul Step Records wants to release the Vinyl version of records from bands who may not have the funding to get Vinyl pressed. We pay all the upfront costs of production, and once we’ve made our investment, the rest of the profits are split evenly between Soul Step and the band. Our artists even have a chance to purchase copies of their vinyl at a discounted price to take and sell at shows to make an even greater profit. A win-win for both parties, and the chance to have your record pressed and listened to the way music should be, ON VINYL.

Our subscription plan is fairly simple. Don't miss a single release with our brand new subscription plan!

Here are a couple of things we wanted to provide for you.
1) A way to get your hands on each exclusive limited edition record we produce.
2) A service that won't bind you to each release - Why be forced to buy a record you do not want?
3) We don't want to store your credit card info. We're sensitive to your data. We don't want that info. We'll reach out and alert you when every release becomes available to our subscribers.
4) Any records passed up during the subscriber period will be fair game for pre-orders to the general public.

You can sign up at www.soulsteprecords.com

This seems really cool, I love what you're doing for the artists. I wish I would have stumbled across this and reached out to you guys before we placed our order with Gotta Groove. We knew early on we were going with a small run of vinyl even though it was pretty tough on our budget. (This is no implication on GG, they have been great to work with so far.)

This seems really cool, I love what you're doing for the artists. I wish I would have stumbled across this and reached out to you guys before we placed our order with Gotta Groove. We knew early on we were going with a small run of vinyl even though it was pretty tough on our budget. (This is no implication on GG, they have been great to work with so far.)

Gotta Grove is a plant we work with. Maybe pressed 40 records with them. They are the best!

@soulsteprecords

Finally was able to listen to your sampler beginning to end. Came away quite impressed with the Various styles on your label.

Do you intend to release a volume two sampler in the near future?

And lastly, the pressing was really quiet, no surface noise at all. Did you use a digital source, or analog tape’s?

@soulsteprecords

Finally was able to listen to your sampler beginning to end. Came away quite impressed with the Various styles on your label.

Do you intend to release a volume two sampler in the near future?

And lastly, the pressing was really quiet, no surface noise at all. Did you use a digital source, or analog tape’s?

Thanks. We pride ourselves on being as diverse as possible. Everything is built to give artists and bands a spot on the label. We never wanted to back ourselves in a corner - genre wise.

Of course, we would love to get to a part two Sampler - We've got some more LP's to get out as we build towards that time thought. The First sampler just came out earlier this year.

We use analog as often as possible, but there is a mix of both on the sampler. I credit the lacquer cutters at WELL MADE MUSIC for the quality of the pressing.

Fort Defiance orders are jumping. Figured i’d Shout a low stock warning here just in case ya’ll haven’t gotten to the orders yet.

Btw - I appreciate all the love we get in this thread. Appreciate ya’ll.

Fort Defiance orders are jumping. Figured i’d Shout a low stock warning here just in case ya’ll haven’t gotten to the orders yet.

Btw - I appreciate all the love we get in this thread. Appreciate ya’ll.
Giving my first try to the club this month and snagged the wax mage variant. Looking forward to trying it out.

Giving my first try to the club this month and snagged the wax mage variant. Looking forward to trying it out.

Fort Defiance rules. Hopefully you won’t be disappointed. It’s one of my favorite albums from the last couple of years. I wish I could have afforded the Wax Merge but I’ve spent too much money on records this week.

Thanks. We pride ourselves on being as diverse as possible. Everything is built to give artists and bands a spot on the label. We never wanted to back ourselves in a corner - genre wise.

Of course, we would love to get to a part two Sampler - We've got some more LP's to get out as we build towards that time thought. The First sampler just came out earlier this year.

We use analog as often as possible, but there is a mix of both on the sampler. I credit the lacquer cutters at WELL MADE MUSIC for the quality of the pressing.

Forgot to ask are all your artists Cincinnati area based?

Back