Soul Step Records Subscription

Hello everyone!

I wanted to share with you our latest release, SSR-053.

Sylmar - "Telford"

Soul Step Records is proud to announce SSR-053, another collaborative release with Cincinnati’s SYLMAR. After collaborating on their debut single and self-titled album, the partnership brings their brand new release, “Telford” to vinyl!

Sylmar has become one of Cincinnati’s hottest live acts with their energy and musicianship. They have been traveling the Midwest relentlessly in the past year, but found time to record “Telford” at Cincinnati’s MT. SATURN STUDIOS.

Recorded entirely analog, this release gives us a new side of SYLMAR. These songs have been merely sketches and ideas that the band had been working on for the past two years. Lead singer Brian McCullogh says “That fans should expect something more acoustic driven, somewhat playful but still has that jazzy feel we have. It’s a little bit more folk and less rock.” Even in this stripped down environment SYLMAR has created - you still get the big emotional crescendos that the band has become known for.

So sit back and enjoy “Telford.” It’s a slab of “Hazy Cincy Sofa Rock.” This album is for fans of The National, Blitzen Trapper, and Grizzly Bear. “Telford” is like a drive through your hometown at dusk. Nostalgic & emotive, and full of charge derived from deep associations and a moment to pause. If you are a self-proclaimed MTV unplugged aficionado - or a surveyor of stripped down tracks - this is your record.
View attachment 15315

Mine arrived yesterday. Can't wait to spin

Friends!

Just in case you've missed it - Soul Step Records announced our latest release, a 45 single with Cincinnati's own Coastal Club.

On September 14th, exclusively to Soul Step Subscribers we will release Coastal Club’s first vinyl release - a 7” 45 single of “Shake You b/w Make It By.” Coastal Club has quietly become one of the in-demand and beloved bands in Cincinnati. Known for their signature indie pop sound that comes with a hint of surf. Coastal Club finds their center with slightly modulated guitar lines, dreamy synths, and tight drum grooves layered with fun and care-free lyrics about enjoying life.

In short, Costal Club is music to make you feel good, and music to listen to when you feel good. There will be a limited to 100 edition of this 45 - on CRYSTAL CLEAR VINYL. These will be sold to Soul Step Subscribers on September 14th. To sign up visit Soul Step Records’ website.

www.soulsteprecords.com/ssr052
View attachment 16681
Coastal Club or Costal Club?

How do you get one before they even go on sale?
I ordered the clear Kelly Finnigan, does that mean it’ll arrive before the date shown?

Not understanding this secret inside the secret subscriber club.. :unsure:

The Sylmar release went on sale August 31st so definitely bought it on release day. :)

Kelly Finnigan is a Colemine release. Typically, if they it on hand they'll ship out early, especially if you have other things being shipped so they can bundle and avoid separate packages.

Hey guys - I've been on vacation - so I'm a tad late - but here is the scoop on the new Brian Owens release!

One of the biggest releases ever on Soul Step Records was the landmark LP from Brian Owens, “Soul of Cash.” Needing multiple represses to keep up with the demand, it made sense that the latest offering from Soul Step Records comes from the Soulman from St. Louis - Brian Owens & The Deacons of Soul.

Soul Step Records proudly announces SSR-054, Brian Owens & The Deacons of Soul with “Soul of Ferguson.” This LP is jam packed with Brian Owens’ unique Throwback St. Louis soul with a Motown touch.

Soul music is something that is hard to define, but it’s instantly recognizable when you hear it. All it takes to hear the soul on this record is to drop the needle on the vinyl. This album has such a charging rhythm section, driving horns, and front and center is Brian Owens’ magnetic voice. As a bonus, Michael McDonald from The Doobie Brothers even lends vocals to this album.

This album resonates LOVE. Songs about our lovers, our children, our family, and our community. There is so much room for love in the world, and Brian Owens and The Deacons of Soul bring that needed feeling on every single track of this LP.

Available to Soul Step Subscribers on September 28th and to the general public on September 30th. There will be a limited to 100 variant of this vinyl on Bumblebee Yellow and Black vinyl. The remaining run will be on Black vinyl.

IMG_6550.jpg

Hey guys - I've been on vacation - so I'm a tad late - but here is the scoop on the new Brian Owens release!

One of the biggest releases ever on Soul Step Records was the landmark LP from Brian Owens, “Soul of Cash.” Needing multiple represses to keep up with the demand, it made sense that the latest offering from Soul Step Records comes from the Soulman from St. Louis - Brian Owens & The Deacons of Soul.

Soul Step Records proudly announces SSR-054, Brian Owens & The Deacons of Soul with “Soul of Ferguson.” This LP is jam packed with Brian Owens’ unique Throwback St. Louis soul with a Motown touch.

Soul music is something that is hard to define, but it’s instantly recognizable when you hear it. All it takes to hear the soul on this record is to drop the needle on the vinyl. This album has such a charging rhythm section, driving horns, and front and center is Brian Owens’ magnetic voice. As a bonus, Michael McDonald from The Doobie Brothers even lends vocals to this album.

This album resonates LOVE. Songs about our lovers, our children, our family, and our community. There is so much room for love in the world, and Brian Owens and The Deacons of Soul bring that needed feeling on every single track of this LP.

Available to Soul Step Subscribers on September 28th and to the general public on September 30th. There will be a limited to 100 variant of this vinyl on Bumblebee Yellow and Black vinyl. The remaining run will be on Black vinyl.

View attachment 17996
You had me at hello (hey guys)...

View attachment 17996
Ya, might have to set a reminder for this one ;)

View attachment 17996
Ya, might have to set a reminder for this one ;)

Same, this one looks and sounds great!

Back