Soul Step Records Subscription

found soul step thanks to this forum - here's a little wax mage action for Parker Louis. Thanks @soulsteprecords !!View attachment 7374
looks absolutely incredible!! seemed pretty hard to top the eyeball variant, but this definitely does. I definitely need to add a wax mage variant to my collection one if these days.

Just got the email about the Multimagic - "Dreams / Sunshine". WAX MAGE INSANITY Variant and its absolutely stunning.

@soulsteprecords I was just wondering with it being such a low number release of 20 copies, do you guys actually make a profit off it? I guess you cant make use of economies of scale with just 20?

Just got the email about the Multimagic - "Dreams / Sunshine". WAX MAGE INSANITY Variant and its absolutely stunning.

@soulsteprecords I was just wondering with it being such a low number release of 20 copies, do you guys actually make a profit off it? I guess you cant make use of economies of scale with just 20?
I would say for the price it goes for gives him some kind of profit

Greetings all!

Based solely on this thread, I did a complete blind buy for their sampler.

I feel a little silly asking this, but for anyone that has this, is this a bunch of different artists?

Thanks

Last edited:

We don't try and profit off it. We keep the prices as low as possible (we could charge a LOT more from what we've seen others charge) but we want to keep it respectable, but Wax Mage are such great pieces to get our label in front of new eyeballs.

I got really anxious yesterday when my Apple pay was spinning for quite a while when I was trying to buy the Wax Mage variant but it went through. I have seen horror stories on FB about people just missing out and I have yet (and hopefully never) will fall into that category.

Though @soulsteprecords you have really stepped up your limited to 100 variants, as much as I love the Wax Mage ones, maybe it is time to drop it and put even more resources into the those. Just a thought.

I got really anxious yesterday when my Apple pay was spinning for quite a while when I was trying to buy the Wax Mage variant but it went through. I have seen horror stories on FB about people just missing out and I have yet (and hopefully never) will fall into that category.

Though @soulsteprecords you have really stepped up your limited to 100 variants, as much as I love the Wax Mage ones, maybe it is time to drop it and put even more resources into the those. Just a thought.

That is a tricky one for me. I definitely want to create vinyl that is unique and share-able - so that more eyeballs can come back to the label. The biggest priority for me, is the music. I could devote much more time to creating new styles of vinyl each go-around but I probably spend the most of my time on the music. I like to think we have pretty high standards and that's the number 1 priority.

Secondly, we are always trying something new. For everything like "eyeball" vinyl there are 15 ideas that don't work. Add that to how much more it costs to R&D those records as well as handmade costs - It puts the label in a place to have to charge more, and I just don't want to do that - as I would rather make our records affordable for those to impulse purchase and hopefully discover a new artist.

But to be short, don't worry - I've got LOTS of ideas and a great plant behind me helping me make that possible in Gotta Groove.

Also, down to 5 Multimagic vinyl....Speak now or forever hold your peace!

That is a tricky one for me. I definitely want to create vinyl that is unique and share-able - so that more eyeballs can come back to the label. The biggest priority for me, is the music. I could devote much more time to creating new styles of vinyl each go-around but I probably spend the most of my time on the music. I like to think we have pretty high standards and that's the number 1 priority.

Secondly, we are always trying something new. For everything like "eyeball" vinyl there are 15 ideas that don't work. Add that to how much more it costs to R&D those records as well as handmade costs - It puts the label in a place to have to charge more, and I just don't want to do that - as I would rather make our records affordable for those to impulse purchase and hopefully discover a new artist.

But to be short, don't worry - I've got LOTS of ideas and a great plant behind me helping me make that possible in Gotta Groove.

Also, down to 5 Multimagic vinyl....Speak now or forever hold your peace!
I totally get it, I was thinking you might save some money by ditching the Wax Mage as cool as they and making the eyeball type designs more "affordable" on your end. I can't even imagine all the work that you go through. Is anyone else involved in the label or are you truly a one-man team?

I totally get it, I was thinking you might save some money by ditching the Wax Mage as cool as they and making the eyeball type designs more "affordable" on your end. I can't even imagine all the work that you go through. Is anyone else involved in the label or are you truly a one-man team?

ALL on my own......While holding down a full-time job, DJ'ing a couple times a week, and hosting a radio show every week! I stay pretty busy.

Back