Soul Step Records Subscription

Soul Step Records Announces SSR-075!

Soul Step Records are back again to kick off 2021 with another release! Our next vinyl drop will be a partnership with Party Mermaid Records to release a 7” single with Late Slip featuring Nick Waterhouse. We’re so excited to welcome them to Soul Step Records with a blistering hot throwback R&B two-sider of “Strike / Reelin.”

Late Slip is the musical vehicle of Chelsea Nenni. She leads the pack with strong vocals, fuzzy guitar, and heart-on-your-sleeve songwriting. These two tracks featured on our 7” single release was produced at the hands of the multitalented Lewis Pesacov, who also worked on Best Coast’s “Crazy For You,” among many other retro-tinged recordings.

Nick Waterhouse is one of the kings of modern Soul and R&B music. He established his musical sensibilities in the middle of the burgeoning southern California Psych-Garage scene while retaining his unique perspective on the spirit of American R&B and Rock & Roll. He’s collaborated with the likes of Leon Bridges and has released many superb albums on Innovative Leisure Records.
This special 45 from Late Slip is full of fun throwback tunes that when placed on the turntable - will get the party up and dancing instantly. From the steamy and sultry “Strike” that graces the A-side all the way to the rocking and rolling up-tempo “Reelin” that is found on the B-Side. This 45 features a strong rhythm section and a soaring horn section. All of this makes this one hot 45 that you need to have in your collection.

Soul Step Records will be releasing the 45 of “Strike / Reelin” by Late Slip featuring Nick Waterhouse to Soul Step Subscribers on Saturday, January 16th. The general public sale will begin on Monday, January 18th. The tracks on this 45 can be found on the “Reelin” EP that is streaming on all services right now.

Soul Step Records highly encourages fans to sign up to be a Soul Step Subscriber for free, as many of our limited edition vinyl sell out very quickly.

View attachment 83617View attachment 83618
Wow, this is really good...........bummed I missed the variants, lol

@soulsteprecords any ETA on 2XL shirts?

Wow, this is really good...........bummed I missed the variants, lol

@soulsteprecords any ETA on 2XL shirts?

Not sure on the shirts. I had an idea for a different shirt - but the last batch I ordered didn't really sell well. Still something I'm thinking about for the summer....Stay tuned. We'll make sure to have all the sizes on the next round!

Just a quick update: We did the a prep/event call with Brian Owens today and he couldn't have been a more wonderful and gracious artist. The live event should be terrific and has a great set list -- and he may be inviting his dad to join him, as well as few other folks from Life Arts.

I wanted to share a couple of small items that most might already know, but I thought we're all worth sharing:

Cut into the deadwax of Love Came Down, is Roberta RIP. That is in dedication to Brian Owen's mother and the album was released on her birthday. It was the only recording session that both his parents were able to attend and sadly his Mom passed in March of this year. See also: Melvin / @soulsteprecords are just awesome and we should give them all our money​

I also wanted share a few links:

He's performing with us on Feb 12 (friday): You Auto-Complete Me: VIP Concert Featuring Brian Owens

Just a quick update: We did the a prep/event call with Brian Owens today and he couldn't have been a more wonderful and gracious artist. The live event should be terrific and has a great set list -- and he may be inviting his dad to join him, as well as few other folks from Life Arts.

I wanted to share a couple of small items that most might already know, but I thought we're all worth sharing:

Cut into the deadwax of Love Came Down, is Roberta RIP. That is in dedication to Brian Owen's mother and the album was released on her birthday. It was the only recording session that both his parents were able to attend and sadly his Mom passed in March of this year. See also: Melvin / @soulsteprecords are just awesome and we should give them all our money​

I also wanted share a few links:

He's performing with us on Feb 12 (friday): You Auto-Complete Me: VIP Concert Featuring Brian Owens

Brian is the real dang deal! It was an honor to get Roberta's name secretly into every vinyl for that album. Those inside messages are on just about every release we've done - so always happy to answer any questions about them if you all dig into them and try to uncover what they mean.

@soulsteprecords Any drops on the horizon? Footprint series? May i suggest this guy for the Footprint series.

I'm working hard on FS releases....Got a 45 in the works right now that I think will be a killer, another artist in the studio, and keeping my eyes peeled now I'm here in nashville now.....I'll check out that suggestion.

I'll have an LP drop on Feb 27th. Another LP to follow maybe a month later....Very different sounds and two brand new artists.

Soul Step Records Announces SSR-067

Soul Step Records are proud to announce a brand new artist and release to our label. We are happy to welcome Marcus Machado to Soul Step Records! We will be releasing Marcus’ debut album, “Aquarious Purple” to vinyl exclusively through Soul Step Records.

Marcus was named “Next Young Gun” by Rolling Stone Magazine and since then, Marcus has not disappointed in becoming one of the most in demand young guitar players in the world in both the studio and on the road. Recently, Marcus has collaborated on the music score for the documentary “Mr. Soul.” Marcus has also was requested to play the national anthem in Madison Square Garden for the NY Knicks as well as Oracle Arena for the Golden State Warriors.

This album comes with many different styles and layers. We kindly refer to “Aquarious Purple” as guitar driven rhythm and funk from another planet! This album will resonate with fans of D’Angelo’s funk, Jimi Hendrix’s soaring guitar solos, and the smooth soul of Raphael Saadiq. Once this LP is on your record player - you will be on a trip with Marcus that will touch so many different influences. “Aquarious Purple” will invite you to spin it again and again to uncover all the different layers built into these grooves.

Soul Step Records will be releasing Marcus Machado’s debut LP “Aquarious Purple” to Soul Step Subscribers on Saturday, February 27th. The general public sale will begin on Monday, March 1st. This LP will be available to stream on your favorite music service on Friday, February 26th.

Soul Step Records highly encourages fans to sign up to be a Soul Step Subscriber for free, as most of our limited edition vinyl sell out before it goes on sale to the general public.

IMG_2373.jpgIMG_2382.jpg

Soul Step Records are proud to announce a brand new artist and release to our label. We are happy to welcome Marcus Machado to Soul Step Records! We will be releasing Marcus’ debut album, “Aquarious Purple” to vinyl exclusively through Soul Step Records.

Marcus was named “Next Young Gun” by Rolling Stone Magazine and since then, Marcus has not disappointed in becoming one of the most in demand young guitar players in the world in both the studio and on the road. Recently, Marcus has collaborated on the music score for the documentary “Mr. Soul.” Marcus has also was requested to play the national anthem in Madison Square Garden for the NY Knicks as well as Oracle Arena for the Golden State Warriors.

This album comes with many different styles and layers. We kindly refer to “Aquarious Purple” as guitar driven rhythm and funk from another planet! This album will resonate with fans of D’Angelo’s funk, Jimi Hendrix’s soaring guitar solos, and the smooth soul of Raphael Saadiq. Once this LP is on your record player - you will be on a trip with Marcus that will touch so many different influences. “Aquarious Purple” will invite you to spin it again and again to uncover all the different layers built into these grooves.

Soul Step Records will be releasing Marcus Machado’s debut LP “Aquarious Purple” to Soul Step Subscribers on Saturday, February 27th. The general public sale will begin on Monday, March 1st. This LP will be available to stream on your favorite music service on Friday, February 26th.

Soul Step Records highly encourages fans to sign up to be a Soul Step Subscriber for free, as most of our limited edition vinyl sell out before it goes on sale to the general public.

View attachment 89370View attachment 89371
Boy, is she a beauty. The snippets I've heard sound great too.

View attachment 89370View attachment 89371
I’m kind of new to your releases. I see the top picture on your site. What is the bottom one?

Wanted to share with the N&G family.....

This Marcus Machado LP has garnered more new Subscribers than any release I've ever had before. I am expecting not just a quick Wax Mage sellout (of course!) but also the LTD/100 variant as well. If you are wanting any color vinyl for this one - you may want to get it right as it drops.

Thank you for all the support and love N&G family!

Wanted to share with the N&G family.....

This Marcus Machado LP has garnered more new Subscribers than any release I've ever had before. I am expecting not just a quick Wax Mage sellout (of course!) but also the LTD/100 variant as well. If you are wanting any color vinyl for this one - you may want to get it right as it drops.

Thank you for all the support and love N&G family!

Bully for you! Thats so great!

Back