Soul Step Records Subscription

Anyone get a mage? Btw @soulsteprecords why is the regular tie dye limit of 5 per?

I imposed a limit when I noticed some unusual purchases back in the day. I limit it to 5 specifically because I am aware of some overseas buyers that order together to try and save on shipping costs.

Now back to packing. I'm going to be going at it all night! Thanks everyone!

I imposed a limit when I noticed some unusual purchases back in the day. I limit it to 5 specifically because I am aware of some overseas buyers that order together to try and save on shipping costs.

Now back to packing. I'm going to be going at it all night! Thanks everyone!

I never got a drop email :-(

Edit: ugh.... I was looking for it at 1 eastern. It came with the link in the morning. Oh well

Soul Step Records Announces SSR-076
Soul Step Records are proud to announce SSR-076. Our latest vinyl release sees Soul Step Records partnering with NYC’s Dala Records to jointly release “Reflections of Self” by Sarason! We are so excited to bring this LP on vinyl and to partner with another record label that we love.

Growing up in a musical household, it wasn’t long until Sarason caught the bug. Playing and touring in bands since the age of 15, Sarason set himself up to be known as an in-demand singer, performer, arranger, and multi-instrumentalist. Sarason is known primarily from being in The Pinstripes, which were a Cincinnati area staple. After some time, a new set of songs - more introspective and melancholy began to emerge. After linking up with Dala Records founder Billy Aukstik, (Charles Bradley, Mark Ronson) a plan was devised to records and release these songs under Sarason’s own name.

Sarason’s “Reflection of Self” is an introspective trip steeped in vintage sounds. This album hits so many different styles that fans of Charles Bradley and Tame Impala will enjoy this LP. Recorded at the renowned Hive Mind studio in Brooklyn, NYC. “Reflections of Self” is a collection of tunes that allow the listener to slow down, tune in, and groove out. Sarason harkens back to an era of classic American music. Touching on psych-rock to pop to soul. In a time that’s difficult to pause and appreciate the things that are around us, “Reflections of Self” is the perfect soundtrack for looking back on where you came from and to discover where you are headed.
Soul Step Records will be releasing Sarason’s debut LP “Reflections of Self” to Soul Step Subscribers on Saturday, April 24th. The general public sale will begin on Monday, April 26. This LP is available to stream on your favorite music service right now.
Soul Step Records highly encourages fans to sign up to be a Soul Step Subscriber for free, as most of our limited edition vinyl sell out before it goes on sale to the general public.

IMG_2981.jpgIMG_2976.jpg

Soul Step Records Announces SSR-076
Soul Step Records are proud to announce SSR-076. Our latest vinyl release sees Soul Step Records partnering with NYC’s Dala Records to jointly release “Reflections of Self” by Sarason! We are so excited to bring this LP on vinyl and to partner with another record label that we love.

Growing up in a musical household, it wasn’t long until Sarason caught the bug. Playing and touring in bands since the age of 15, Sarason set himself up to be known as an in-demand singer, performer, arranger, and multi-instrumentalist. Sarason is known primarily from being in The Pinstripes, which were a Cincinnati area staple. After some time, a new set of songs - more introspective and melancholy began to emerge. After linking up with Dala Records founder Billy Aukstik, (Charles Bradley, Mark Ronson) a plan was devised to records and release these songs under Sarason’s own name.

Sarason’s “Reflection of Self” is an introspective trip steeped in vintage sounds. This album hits so many different styles that fans of Charles Bradley and Tame Impala will enjoy this LP. Recorded at the renowned Hive Mind studio in Brooklyn, NYC. “Reflections of Self” is a collection of tunes that allow the listener to slow down, tune in, and groove out. Sarason harkens back to an era of classic American music. Touching on psych-rock to pop to soul. In a time that’s difficult to pause and appreciate the things that are around us, “Reflections of Self” is the perfect soundtrack for looking back on where you came from and to discover where you are headed.
Soul Step Records will be releasing Sarason’s debut LP “Reflections of Self” to Soul Step Subscribers on Saturday, April 24th. The general public sale will begin on Monday, April 26. This LP is available to stream on your favorite music service right now.
Soul Step Records highly encourages fans to sign up to be a Soul Step Subscriber for free, as most of our limited edition vinyl sell out before it goes on sale to the general public.

View attachment 96378View attachment 96377
Charles Bradley and Tame Impala you say? Anywhere I can currently listen? Waxmage looks beautiful!

Edit: Album is on Spotify ()

Hey everyone!

Being vinyl only - certainly is causing some production issues this year with how badly the plants are backed up. I was curious - from a social media and rollout schedule - what are some ways you would want to hear from the label so we don't just go dormant during these downtimes between releases?

Feature older releases?Artist connections?

What would be some ideas you all would like to see if we don't have vinyl to drop?

Don't sweat - we have plenty of things at the plant - just won't see the rapid pace that we were at last year.

Hey everyone!

Being vinyl only - certainly is causing some production issues this year with how badly the plants are backed up. I was curious - from a social media and rollout schedule - what are some ways you would want to hear from the label so we don't just go dormant during these downtimes between releases?

Feature older releases?Artist connections?

What would be some ideas you all would like to see if we don't have vinyl to drop?

Don't sweat - we have plenty of things at the plant - just won't see the rapid pace that we were at last year.

Artist connections are cool! Older features on some of the cooler variant stuff you've put out over the years would also be fun.

We're baaaacccckkkk!!!!

Soul Step Records Announces SSR-077

Soul Step Records are again releasing another gem of a 45 to vinyl fans across the world with the announcement of Cincinnati’s SYLMAR returning to the label to release this incredible vinyl.

This will be the Fifth release Soul Step Records and Sylmar are collaborating on. It began with Sylmar kicking off Soul Step’s Brewers Series with the release of “I Love Everything / Honey” followed by their Self-Titled LP. The collaboration continued with the LP release of “Telford” and now they come together again to release “Bipolar Ball / College Try.”

Sylmar has continued to become known as one of Cincinnati’s best live acts to catch with their energetic shows and strong musicianship. After laying low during the pandemic - Sylmar comes roaring back with the vinyl release of “Bipolar Ball / College Try.” Sylmar will continue to release new music throughout the Summer of 2021 and plans to hit the road again to share their talents with the country.
This special 45 from Sylmar is full of what the band is known for. Sylmar captures on this 45 what makes them so great. Dynamic guitars, strong rhythm sections, and passionate vocals that make this such an excellent two-sider that will burn up your turntable. Sylmar is recommended for fans of The National, All Them Witches, Sun Kim Moon.

Soul Step Records will be releasing the 45 of “Bipolar Ball / College Try” by Sylmar to Soul Step Subscribers on Saturday, May 22nd. The general public sale will begin on Monday, May 24th. The tracks on this 45 can be found on streaming on all services right now.
Soul Step Records highly encourages fans to sign up to be a Soul Step Subscriber for free, as many of our limited edition vinyl sell out very quickly.

IMG_3188.jpgIMG_3193.jpg

Any news on the Soul Step front? When is the 7" Footprint release happening? I realize pressing plants are backed up like crazy.

Any news on the Soul Step front? When is the 7" Footprint release happening? I realize pressing plants are backed up like crazy.

Great question! And one I ask myself a bunch too.

Here is our latest pipeline....

SSR-078 - LP - should arrive September
SSR-079 45 (footprint) Should arrive Late August
SSR-080 - LP October
SSR-081 - LP October
SSR-082 - LP October
SSR-083 - LP December / January
SSR-084 - LP September
SSR-085 - LP October (Footprint)

And we also have a re-press cooking that may hit in September too...

Lots going on....we're just waiting for product to be delivered.

Great question! And one I ask myself a bunch too.

Here is our latest pipeline....

SSR-078 - LP - should arrive September
SSR-079 45 (footprint) Should arrive Late August
SSR-080 - LP October
SSR-081 - LP October
SSR-082 - LP October
SSR-083 - LP December / January
SSR-084 - LP September
SSR-085 - LP October (Footprint)

And we also have a re-press cooking that may hit in September too...

Lots going on....we're just waiting for product to be delivered.

Awesome. Thanks for the reply. Looks like the second half of the year is going to be packed. Excited to see what all these are.

Awesome. Thanks for the reply. Looks like the second half of the year is going to be packed. Excited to see what all these are.
No sweat - thanks for helping keep the thread alive while we navigate these insane lead times for vinyl at the moment.

We're very pumped about this lineup as well. It could be as diverse as we've ever done - and I think there are some that are just out of the world good. I'm excited about the back half of the year - going to be a big one! Hopefully maybe some of these wrap earlier than expected and I could even get some things cooking this July.

Fingers crossed!!

No sweat - thanks for helping keep the thread alive while we navigate these insane lead times for vinyl at the moment.

We're very pumped about this lineup as well. It could be as diverse as we've ever done - and I think there are some that are just out of the world good. I'm excited about the back half of the year - going to be a big one! Hopefully maybe some of these wrap earlier than expected and I could even get some things cooking this July.

Fingers crossed!!

Any chance you could ever press this?

1622740641268.png

Hello N&F family,

Reaching out to share we are releasing our first digital single this Friday with Matt Duncan. We're super pumped to be expanding Soul Step Records and I would love the support of the N&G family to pre-save and share this single to help us continue to support indie artists and to hopefully expand upon our vinyl offerings.

We've got a Matt Duncan digital single this Friday, another digital single next Friday, and the following week - dropping a new 45!

Thanks for the support!
Matt Duncan - "Lighthouse" on Soul Step Records

Attachments

• MattDuncan-Lighthouse_1400px.jpg
    MattDuncan-Lighthouse_1400px.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 1
Hello N&F family,

Reaching out to share we are releasing our first digital single this Friday with Matt Duncan. We're super pumped to be expanding Soul Step Records and I would love the support of the N&G family to pre-save and share this single to help us continue to support indie artists and to hopefully expand upon our vinyl offerings.

We've got a Matt Duncan digital single this Friday, another digital single next Friday, and the following week - dropping a new 45!

Thanks for the support!
Matt Duncan - "Lighthouse" on Soul Step Records
Done!

Back