Soul Step Records Subscription

Also, it seems to me like this records are pressed in a local plant, is that right? Anyone knows where they press and can comment on the quality? The fact that they are doing such limited runs makes me think they press at local plants that aren't flooded with orders like the big players, which could potentially mean better QC, but this is all a guess.
lacquers are usually cut at Well Made Music; wax mage are pressed by wax mage and I'm unsure about the non-wax mages

I believe I have all the Wax Mage releases minus one (because they released two different releases one day and you were only allowed to buy one). I have my secrets for how to get one but won't share (it really isn't a secret secret )
The Soul of Cash album I would love to own the mage variant of because it is beautiful. Plus that was my introduction to SSR. They really have some impressive coloring.

congrats on grabbing the wax mage @Enoch! I grabbed the bloodshot eyeball, I'm excited about this release and for learning about this sub! looking forward to future releases!

@soulsteprecords, is there a set schedule for releases or do you release simply when you have something to put out regardless of timeframe?

Timeframes are all depending on what is available. For this summer, expect a release every two weeks.

yeah. I remember people posting about the Soul Of Cash record when that came out but this is the first of me really knowing and understanding this sub and I love the whole concept! I know this isn't exactly comparable to VMP Classics but might be a good substitution for it since I'm not a VMP subscriber anymore

I like to think of it as a great discovery sub!

Also, it seems to me like this records are pressed in a local plant, is that right? Anyone knows where they press and can comment on the quality? The fact that they are doing such limited runs makes me think they press at local plants that aren't flooded with orders like the big players, which could potentially mean better QC, but this is all a guess.

Most everything is done at Gotta Groove in Cleveland. They have the best QC I've seen in the biz.

I like to think of it as a great discovery sub!
@soulsteprecords, thank you for being so active in this sub and answering our questions we really appreciate it, especially since I know you're currently busy with getting out the Parker Louis records!

you're probably right, and it was mentioned earlier by someone else, that this is probably more in line with the Rising series...but whichever way you slice it I am really excited to see what you got cooking!

@soulsteprecords, thank you for being so active in this sub and answering our questions we really appreciate it, especially since I know you're currently busy with getting out the Parker Louis records!

you're probably right, and it was mentioned earlier by someone else, that this is probably more in line with the Rising series...but whichever way you slice it I am really excited to see what you got cooking!

We believe wholeheartedly in supporting upcoming artists. That's why our biz plan is built - and there isn't really any other label like it out there. Trying to do good deeds for good artists. Thank you!

Loving all of the SSR love in this thread from the past few days! I had a family event on Saturday and by the time I was able to log in the variant was gone. Lots more fire upcoming this summer I'm sure.

Loving all of the SSR love in this thread from the past few days! I had a family event on Saturday and by the time I was able to log in the variant was gone. Lots more fire upcoming this summer I'm sure.

I'm pretty sure they are going to release one of my favorite records in the last few years and I'm so excited about it. Like I've wanted a vinyl pressing ever since the album came out.

Timeframes are all depending on what is available. For this summer, expect a release every two weeks.
😱 why do you want me to go broke
@soulsteprecords, thank you for being so active in this sub and answering our questions we really appreciate it
Melvin (@soulsteprecords) is great at responding in all my experiences in contacting him
I don't want to spoil their fun unless they say it is OK. All I can say if you are a fan of Americana and singer-songwriters you should really like it.
Sounds great

I highly recommend Amythyst Kiah & Her Chest Of Glass (think Alabama Shakes), while there have only been a few releases I have been meh on, her album is hands down the best thing released and I am really hopeful for a new one which has been hinted at

Back