September 2021 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread: This Thread. This Thread Is The Place. The Place Where Everything. Everything Always Happens.

Day 01: “Girlfriend Is Better”
Stop making sense, stop making sense. Stop making sense, making sense.

“Stop Making Sense” (the album) was released 37 years ago in September 1984. Play a concert album.

Nirvana - Live At Reading
C24B3021-45E3-4672-8B77-C65A35B874F2.jpeg

There are lots of amazing live Nirvana shows but this one is especially ferocious.

I haven't participated in one of these challenges in forever! Let's do it!

Day 1 - “Girlfriend Is Better”

Why not pick an artist that I've wished was my girlfriend since high school? All joking aside, Regina is one of my all time favorites. Soviet Kitsch is in my top 10 albums. Her songwriting is incredible, her voice is just as spectacular, and I've yet to dislike a single one of her albums. This live recording is no exception. I was lucky enough to see her live in Atlanta years and years ago, and it was so wonderful. I was right in the front row! Anyway, I'm really excited to be spinning this on this rainy afternoon :)

Regina Spektor - Live In London

D4E49A24-08D3-4303-B923-B5284E7DC24A.jpeg

I haven't participated in one of these challenges in forever! Let's do it!

Why not pick an artist that I've wished was my girlfriend since high school? All joking aside, Regina is one of my all time favorites. Soviet Kitsch is in my top 10 albums. Her songwriting is incredible, her voice is just as spectacular, and I've yet to dislike a single one of her albums. This live recording is no exception. I was lucky enough to see her live in Atlanta years and years ago, and it was so wonderful. I was right in the front row! Anyway, I'm really excited to be spinning this on this rainy afternoon :)

Regina Spektor - Live In London

View attachment 110743

a friend gave me the album Far recently , had not known about her before that. i really like it

a friend gave me the album Far recently , had not known about her before that. i really like it

Far is wonderful!! If you liked it, I would recommend listening to Remember Us To Life next. It's her latest release (2016.... but still her latest), and it's so so so great. It has a lot of the same qualities I like Far for. :)

“Stop Making Sense” (the album) was released 37 years ago in September 1984. Play a concert album.

The Big Suit approves of this thread's theme.

_DSC0001 (2).JPG

Emerson, Lake & Palmer – Pictures At An Exhibition
Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab – MFSL 1-031, 1980

Recorded Live, Newcastle City Hall, March 26, 1971.

Cut by Stan Ricker

cpqOdR.jpg

KkvweV.jpg

Whaaaaaaaaa
Is this an official release?
Bootleg?
Deets, please!

Discogs has it as unofficial, but it's more of a grey market release

It was originally a Transcription release

Stop making sense, stop making sense. Stop making sense, making sense.

You're fuckin' pretty loud, New Jersey!

Venom - LIVE!!

Some backstory here may be required. This is a Vemon bootleg 7in with the music removed. Just the ab-sa-fuckin-lute-lee hilarious between song banter by Cronos.

Such amazing catch phrases as:
"You know what this is??! This comes from where Venom come from, it's called Newcastle Brown Ale! IT KNOCKS YOU ON YOUR FUCKIN' BACK, LET ME TELL YOU!!"

"You know, you've heard some rumours out here that Venom have packed in, yes? That Venom are supposed to have finished? WELL WE'RE RECORDING A FUCKING NEW ALBUM NOW!!!"

"You wanna hear something really heavy? ....YOU WANNA HEAR SOMETHING THAT'S GONNA KICK YOUR BALLS OFF???!!!"
303382E0-A523-4416-9A5D-F866CB246F27.jpeg
Definitely NSFW, but do give the YouTube video a listen.

Whaaaaaaaaa
Is this an official release?
Bootleg?
Deets, please!
I see someone already answered, but it is not really an "official" pressing, but you wouldn't know by listening as it sounds great! I actually bought it from @swamp jazz box set a while back (thanks again btw), so they may have more info on its origins than me.

Back