September 2021 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread: This Thread. This Thread Is The Place. The Place Where Everything. Everything Always Happens.

Day 5 - “Making Flippy Floppy”
Check it out. Still don't make no sense. Makin' flippy floppy.
Do you have some flexi discs? Take them out and play them. If not, play some other unusual record format from your collection. A 10”? An oddly shaped record? A record that references old computer floppy discs? A record with other unusual features? The theme is flexible. Literally.

Modest Mouse - Poison the Well

I'm terrified to drop the needle on this one.

MM1.jpegMM2.jpeg

Day 11 - “Heaven. Heaven is a place. A place where nothing. Nothing ever happens.”
There is a party, everyone is there. Everyone will leave at exactly the same time.
Ok, you’ve had enough. Play an album that will get any lingering guests to finally leave.

You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here!

IMG_20210911_112622.jpg
IMG_20210911_112537.jpg

Day 11 - “Heaven. Heaven is a place. A place where nothing. Nothing ever happens.”
There is a party, everyone is there. Everyone will leave at exactly the same time.
Ok, you’ve had enough. Play an album that will get any lingering guests to finally leave.

View attachment 111812
View attachment 111813
Edit: Didn't even make it though one track before my wife begged me to turn it off, lol.

View attachment 111812
View attachment 111813
This would not make me leave.
Although I am thinking of playing some death metal for this theme. 😁

Day 11: “Heaven. Heaven is a place. A place where nothing. Nothing ever happens.”

The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Now I Got Worry
D87735D7-DE41-4E40-9BC8-C4987E09CDDF.jpeg

This is my favorite JSBX album overall but the First 15 seconds of the opening track, “Skunk” will usually separate the wheat from the chaff.

Can't get to heaven without knowing your bible songs...

The Austerity Program - Bible Songs 1

PXL_20210911_161257444.jpg
PXL_20210911_162046098.NIGHT~2.jpg

You could stay and drink beer with me then.
You two are welcome to stick around a while! 🍻

-------

I can't spin this one because I sold it last month. I found this spoken word LP particularly irritating.

You could stay and drink beer with me then.

Can't get to heaven without knowing your bible songs...

The Austerity Program - Bible Songs 1

View attachment 111822
View attachment 111823

You two are welcome to stick around a while! 🍻
I just received my $11 copy of Leprosy from Amazon and had been planning on spinning that until @Hemotep beat me to the punch.

The Jesus And Mary Chain - 21 Singles

FFF6C570-1251-4B48-B613-607AED877771.jpeg

“It’s still too early for this right now.” - Another member of household

Edit: another quote from a different member of household (A Quiet Place spoiler)
“If the characters in A Quiet Place would have just played this record in the first place, they would have all lived”

Last edited:

Tennis "Your Conditionally" (2017 Mutually Detrimental, Club Edition)
I'm confident that based on the reaction of most around these parts that this should clear the room. So get the fuck out. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Meanwhile, I actually don't mind the record myself, so win-win. But, see you tomorrow? I'll bring the beer.

IMG_1786.JPG

Brian Eno ‎– Ambient 1 (Music For Airports)
I don't think folks will want to hang around much longer once the ambient music starts playing lol.
IMG-2003.jpg

@LiamGallagher’sBucketHat Ok, ok. If you really really want to stay to listen to the end of the Tennis LP, it's fine. Here's a pillow and a blanket. Just find yourself a spot on the floor. You want a chamomile tea with that? Remember that the little snarky guy is coming for dinner tomorrow. So I need to pick-up the house a bit.

Back