September 2020 Challenge Thread- The Gav-La’s

Day 20: “Quiet Riot”..play some soothing Sunday sounds

Brian Eno - Ambient 1 - Music For Airports (Virgin EMI, 2018 Half-Speed Limited Edition Abbey Road Master)

This seems like an appropriate one for today's challenge. We listened to this earlier while having a cup of coffee/tea, bliss.

IMG_8105.JPG

Day 19: “Axe Attack”- guitarist wet dream albums , shoegaze heaven etc

The Brian May Band - Live At The Brixton Academy (Parlophone, 1994 First Pressing)

This is one which I picked up years and years ago but one which doesn't get spun as much as it should. Its a killer album and one which I should really list to more than I do!

View attachment 66990
Watched Queen Live at the Rainbow 74 earlier today , great Blu-ray thru big speakers ..was ace

Watched Queen Live at the Rainbow 74 earlier today , great Blu-ray thru big speakers ..was ace
I have most (ignoring bootlegs) of Queen's studio/live albums but the Live At The Rainbow was one that totally passed me. I remember being really excited when it was announced and being determined to get the deluxe (I believe it was a box set?) pressing when the prices went down, but I never did. I might just have to look out for it now, I have streamed it and it was a killer performance! I bet the DVD is fantastic!

I have most (ignoring bootlegs) of Queen's studio/live albums but the Live At The Rainbow was one that totally passed me. I remember being really excited when it was announced and being determined to get the deluxe (I believe it was a box set?) pressing when the prices went down, but I never did. I might just have to look out for it now, I have streamed it and it was a killer performance! I bet the DVD is fantastic!

Yep it’s great , brought the cd and was amazed at the sound quality..it leaps out of the speakers , amazon had the Blu-Ray of this and the 75 night at the odeon for around a fiver each so grabbed them last year ..really well restored with a fantastic audio track ..my favourite Queen era is the first four albums so the setlist is heaven

Back