September 2020 Challenge Thread- The Gav-La’s

Day 20: “Quiet Riot”..play some soothing Sunday sounds

I can't think of a more beautiful vocal delivery than Margo Timmins.

She can take a song like this Neil Young rager about losing life far too soon and relate it in a way that makes you feel like you're snuggled up in your favorite blanket eating warm chocolate chip cookies.

Cowboy Junkies - The Nomad Series Box Set

Fun fact - I own 1% of all copies pressed worldwide.

Also, I'm pretty sure there's some bylaw written in poutine gravy on a napkin by a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police that states I have to leave one of these to @Mather in my will.

20200427_234844.jpg20200427_234920.jpg

I can't think of a more beautiful vocal delivery than Margo Timmins.

She can take a song like this Neil Young rager about losing life far too soon and relate it in a way that makes you feel like you're snuggled up in your favorite blanket eating warm chocolate chip cookies.

Cowboy Junkies - The Nomad Series Box Set

Fun fact - I own 1% of all copies pressed.

Also, I'm pretty sure there's some bylaw written in poutine gravy on a napkin by a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police that states I have to leave one of these to @Mather in my will.

View attachment 66955View attachment 66956

YES. YES IT IS AND YES YOU DO (I love that you have two hahaha)

The beauty of Jack Johnson is that you get to go to the beach and listen to some great acoustic sounds without actually doing it. Perfect Sunday morning background.

Jack Johnson - Brushfire Fairytales

1EA8E0CA-8B51-4A7A-AA03-95D46B34246B.jpeg

Day 19: “Axe Attack”- guitarist wet dream albums , shoegaze heaven etc

The Brian May Band - Live At The Brixton Academy (Parlophone, 1994 First Pressing)

This is one which I picked up years and years ago but one which doesn't get spun as much as it should. Its a killer album and one which I should really list to more than I do!

IMG_3051.JPG

Back