September 2020 Challenge Thread- The Gav-La’s

Day 15: Holiday

These days I'd probably take a trip like this...and I kinda hate boats.

Primus ‎– Sailing The Seas Of Cheese
Interscope Records ‎– B0018233-01, 1991/2013

New stereo mix by Les Claypool

Cut by Ron McMaster

DeeAEA.jpg

6A3Zw4.jpg

Day 15:”Holiday”- thanks to Covid 19 canceling my hols, this is as close as I will get ...records about travel

Recently I've been trying to dive through the thrift bins and used record sales for some cheap copies of older records. Normally, I hate to say it, I tend to look for the Greatest Hits to get a good sampling to listen to without taking up a ton of space or hunting for full albums to fill in one or two songs I wanted. However, a cheap copy of this one was an exception to the rule. The Dude hates their guts but I have a fondness for The Eagles, and there's few other bands as appropriate for a long, lazy road trip as...

The Eagles - Hotel California.

IMG_20200915_130849.jpg

(
Some real gall to lead off with a never-ending title track)

Day 4 - Swag
Ex Hex - Rips

I don't have much in the way of memorabilia, but I occasionally get a shirt at shows. Unfortunately not a ton of stuff comes through here that I really want to see. Ex Hex played in a tiiiny venue here on the tour for this album and it rocked.

IMG_20200915_135647.jpg

IMG_20200915_140039.jpg

Day 15: Holiday

Was lucky enough to get out of the house this summer, and camp near Yosemite. Being that close, we had to go in for a day for some amazing views. While we didn't get to Vernal Falls (which is featured on this album cover) we did get to see El Capitan and Half Dome (also visible on the album cover).

My Morning Jacket ~ The Waterfall

IMG_8109.jpg

El Capitan - Yosemite National Park

IMG_7819.jpg

Half Dome - Yosemite National Park

IMG_5337.jpg

Day 5 - Box Set 1
Neil Young and Crazy Horse - Zuma

This was a RSD FOMO buy for me. The pressings are excellent and I needed all of the albums, but it was rather overpriced, so the FOMO was that it wouldn't be released cheaper separately (it was). Unfortunately plagued with bad glue, but otherwise a great set.

IMG_20200915_144725.jpg

IMG_20200915_144658.jpg

Day 6 - Box Set 2
Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band - Live 75-85

I don't ever play this one so I figured it would fit well. This was given to me in perfect shape except it is missing one of five discs. Went with the first one and it is great. There's a good cover of Waits' Jersey Girl at the end of the box.

IMG_20200915_152949.jpg

IMG_20200915_153125.jpg

Day 15:”Holiday”- thanks to Covid 19 canceling my hols, this is as close as I will get ...records about travel

Tyler Childers - Country Squire....The title track is a song about camper! ....Also Sturgill / Tyler in Detroit (03/01/20) was the last show I traveled to, and I was supposed to be in Montana in July for Under the Big Sky festival headlined by Tyler / Isbell.

20200915_151241.jpg

Back