September 2020 Challenge Thread- The Gav-La’s

Day 1: Moby-Dick

Mastodon - Crack the Skye

I've played guitar almost as long as I've been into music, so the drums aren't normally what I focus on or hear first when I listen to a record. (Live, that's a different story.) And while of course Bill and Brent are incredible here, playing (IMO) the best songs, riffs, chord progressions, and solos of their careers, drummer Brann Dailor really shines here, providing the driving beat and picking up steam when necessary to let them do that. Brann also takes on some vocal duties for the first time in the killer opener, "Oblivion."

View attachment 64128View attachment 64129
WTF! Do you not own Leviathan!?!! The theme is “Moby Dick” and the album is about Moby Dick and you chose Crack The Skye instead.

...I was gonna choose Leviathan.

I'll play!

Day 1: Moby Dick / records that showcase the drummers

Phil Collins "Hello, I Must Be Going!" (1982, Atlantic 2016 remaster with alternate "Old Phil" cover, 180g)

Phil Collins is the premier singing drummer and "I Don't Care Anymore" is a fantastic showcase of his talents.

View attachment 64165
Welcome ..a good choice ..

Nice to see Bell X1 mentioned! Sadly, I have nothing of theirs on wax and I don't believe that Juniper ever had a vinyl release. (I could be mistaken) I'm a huge Damo fan, saw Bell X1 as support for him at the Beacon Theatre in NYC many years ago.
I love BellX1..saw them as a support too...way better than the band I went to see ..Ireland’s best kept secret

I'll play!

Day 1: Moby Dick / records that showcase the drummers

Phil Collins "Hello, I Must Be Going!" (1982, Atlantic 2016 remaster with alternate "Old Phil" cover, 180g)

Phil Collins is the premier singing drummer and "I Don't Care Anymore" is a fantastic showcase of his talents.

View attachment 64165
Welcome ..a good choice ..

I was going to pick Phil myself. I have a back up though...

Back