Secretly Society

If for some reason someone doesn't want the upcoming Stella Donnelly record or anything from the swaps I would be happy to buy it off of someone. Really want the SS edition but there isn't enough in the shop or upcoming releases that I don't already own / haven't preordered to justify signing up for 3 months.

If for some reason someone doesn't want the upcoming Stella Donnelly record or anything from the swaps I would be happy to buy it off of someone. Really want the SS edition but there isn't enough in the shop or upcoming releases that I don't already own / haven't preordered to justify signing up for 3 months.
I would be happy to sell mine to you when it comes in. I have run out of things that I want to swap for, so just decided to receive the Stella Donnelly and was going to put it up on Discogs when it got in. But I would be happy to sell to you for my cost + shipping (not sure what that would be to Canada, but I'm sure we could figure it out). DM me if you're still interested!

November 2022
Okay Kaya - SAP (Jagjaguwar)
on Burnt Sugar Vinyl
Okay Kaya announces her world-building new album, SAP, with a trippy, collaborative video, made by Kaya Wilkins and renowned visual artist Austin Lee, for its extraordinary lead single “Spinal Tap.” SAP, which was entirely written, performed, engineered, and produced by Wilkins, is a dynamic new body of work, adding to her celebrated 2020 and 2021 releases.
SAP is a concept album about consciousness in which Okay Kaya focuses her trademark combination of abstraction and wit on what happens to her mind unaccompanied, on her tendency to feel less like a human and more like the sticky secretion of a tree. This is most evident in the “Spinal Tap” video, made in collaboration with Austin Lee. A laborious process that took months to complete and involved virtual reality rendering inspired by Kaya's drawings.

Has anyone even gotten shipping notification for Stella Donnelly? Just realized it's 8/24 and I haven't heard a thing...

I mean the vinyl isn't supposed to be out till September 9, so I guess we should see it in the next week or two... I'm guessing Whitney will be late too with the September 16 release date.

I'm in the mood to join a club. After quitting VMP I wasn't a member of anything for awhile, then joined Magnolia but it just didn't hit the spot I guess.

This morning I'm looking the back catalog in the Secretly Store and there are a couple titles I'd love to have. (Toro Y Moi and Archie James Cavanaugh.)

Are you guys who are in this club happy with it?

never had any issues with secretly society - I dip in and out when there are albums I want and it's super easy - customer service is really great - it's a bare bones service for sure, but if you like their catalog, you'll enjoy what you get

never had any issues with secretly society - I dip in and out when there are albums I want and it's super easy - customer service is really great - it's a bare bones service for sure, but if you like their catalog, you'll enjoy what you get
Thanks...so is the back catalog discounted for members, or anything like that? I saw in the FAQ that you can skip a month, does that mean no swaps?

Yeah - if you’re looking for crazy diversity or discovery (or legacy/catalog titles) I’m not sure it’s the right jam. But for me, I tend to buy a weirdly disproportionate amount of SC titles, so this is a nice plus-up for that.

Thanks folks.
It's almost as if VMP felt my urge to join a club...I just got a 'rejoin for 150 in store credit' email from them. But I think I'll be joining Secretly today.

Back