Secretly Society

View attachment 83663

MARCH 2021
Female Species, Tale Of My Lost Love (Numero Group)
on cherry bomb splash vinyl

A once-in-a-decade discovery of two sisters, married to music for life, always charging forward, indefatigable, indomitable, at last seen and heard. From their origins as the archetypal mid-’60s southern California girl group to their destiny as top-flight songwriters in the ’80s and ’90s Nashville country-industrial complex, Vicki and Ronni Gossett have never been much further than 20 feet from stardom. Fifty-five years into their remarkable story, Tale Of My Lost Love is the Gossetts’ debut album—an ode to what could have been, and still might be.
Looking forward to this. The eccentric funk comp was great

This arrived today and i liked it a lot upon first listen.
Could not find this version on spotify , yet
Mine has been stuck in Pittsburgh for about a week! I'm very much looking forward to it.

Just curious, what do you mean by this version?

Reactions: Jan
My December shipment has been stuck in post so long the January shipment is due with me tomorrow and will get here before it. Shambles. It sat in Switzerland for weeks then has been at Heathrow since January 8th. I just don’t get how things can simply sit there day after day going nowhere.

Weird. My Shame arrived last week. S Carey about 2 weeks before that. I'm finding them to be pretty speedy to be honest

It was a bonus for pre orders. I emailed and asked how to get one since technically we didn't have to pre order it.

I pre-ordered it as soon as it was available but then join secretly society. I emailed asking them if I could cancel the pre-order and still get the Flexi. Now I have both orders and no Flexi.

Not usually into music of this 'intensity', but Shame is fanfuckintastic. So glad I took the shot on this one, sounds good, looks pretty, music is awesome!

I didn't get a flexi with mine. Was it something you ordered separately or a free goodie for subscribers?
I believe the flexi was a bonus throw-in for the first 500 to purchase the LP. Given that Secretly members didn't need to pre-order, a few of us emailed in to see if they would include the flexi. A green light was given, but results thus far are decidedly underwhelming. Oh well, Drunk Tank Pink is brilliant, so at least we have that going for us.

I recently purchased the new Midnight Sister (Painting the Roses) and the new Cut Worms (Nobody Lives Here Anymore)...discovered both just checking out things on the Secretly site. Now I am working backwards to get the previous releases from both artists.

I recently purchased the new Midnight Sister (Painting the Roses) and the new Cut Worms (Nobody Lives Here Anymore)...discovered both just checking out things on the Secretly site. Now I am working backwards to get the previous releases from both artists.
Hollow Ground by Cut Worms is great! I had trouble getting into the new one though.

Back