Secretly Society

I had some unruly surface noise on the last track of my copy of All Mirrors and decided I couldn't live with it, so I reached out to Secretly and they are sending me a new copy. I didn't even need to send a video of the crackling. There are a few other record clubs/companies I could name who could take notice of how customer service is done, son.
i will have to take a listen to my copy today.

I had some unruly surface noise on the last track of my copy of All Mirrors and decided I couldn't live with it, so I reached out to Secretly and they are sending me a new copy. I didn't even need to send a video of the crackling. There are a few other record clubs/companies I could name who could take notice of how customer service is done, son.

Listening to my replacement copy and it is much quieter. I guess the first copy I got was just bad luck. Happy to listen with no distractions!

Last edited:
Did not see this before and seemingly beeing an exclusive to society that might be worth signing up for.
Interesting. That's the first I've seen that. I actually just cancelled my membership renewal because I already have Durand Jones. I was trying to decide whether to jump back in for January or February.

Reactions: Jan
Interesting. That's the first I've seen that. I actually just cancelled my membership renewal because I already have Durand Jones. I was trying to decide whether to jump back in for January or February.

someone on the vinyl collective quoted from the secretly e-mail:
"Molina's Live at La Chapelle will be available exclusively from Secretly Society on limited blue dream splash vinyl. The record has never been released before, it won't be widely available for folks to hear until later this spring, and Society members are receiving the only color variant of the title."
So it is not clear if there will be a black vinyl release in spring or just streaming.

"Molina's Live at La Chapelle will be available exclusively from Secretly Society on limited blue dream splash vinyl. The record has never been released before, it won't be widely available for folks to hear until later this spring, and Society members are receiving the only color variant of the title."
So it is not clear if there will be a black vinyl release in spring or just streaming.

I'd take the "only color variant" bit to suggest there will be a wider pressing at some point, likely Spring.

In other SS news, I used their free shipping option to grab the Better Oblivion Community Centre bundle that comes with the elusive tour 7". Think some stores are getting some copies but they've been hard to find.

That Molina needs to be mine. Guess I better look up this clubs deets.

edit: you think that will sell out? I already own the Durand and would hate to burn a skip rather than just wait until December to sign up, but I’m not above signing up and skipping either I guess.

That Molina needs to be mine. Guess I better look up this clubs deets.

edit: you think that will sell out? I already own the Durand and would hate to burn a skip rather than just wait until December to sign up, but I’m not above signing up and skipping either I guess.

I can't think of any SS releases that sold out during the month it was available, just sign up during December and you'll be fine.

Angel Olsen #1 did (but that was obviously very early on) . And maybe Slowdive and Ryley Walker?

To be fair I don't check the registration page to see if they've ever closed it, but long as you subscribe during December you'll get your Molina, if not @Corycm I'll make sure to offer you mine!

To be fair I don't check the registration page to see if they've ever closed it, but long as you subscribe during December you'll get your Molina, if not @Corycm I'll make sure to offer you mine!
It's possible they didn't actually sell out that registration month. But I know they didn't last long in the store. If they even made it.

Looking at their monthly picks, this might be as good of a use of my retired TMR money. I can’t tell from the site - is that Molina January’s pick or just an exclusive offering for members?

Looking at their monthly picks, this might be as good of a use of my retired TMR money. I can’t tell from the site - is that Molina January’s pick or just an exclusive offering for members?
Its the january pick

Back