Secretly Society

Did anyone else find their pressing of All Mirrors to be a bit noisy overall? Not in the crackles and pops sense, but definitely a higher noise floor than I am used to. I wish Jagjaguwar would start taking pressing specs more seriously.

Did anyone else find their pressing of All Mirrors to be a bit noisy overall? Not in the crackles and pops sense, but definitely a higher noise floor than I am used to. I wish Jagjaguwar would start taking pressing specs more seriously.
Mine didn't ship yet. Which version did you get?

Mine didn't ship yet. Which version did you get?

The Secretly aquamarine variant.

In other news, I got my "Merlot Wave" Burn Your Fire For No Witness today. It is just as noisy (crackles and pops) as previous pressings. You'd think they could afford a decent pressing now that Angel is working with Mark Ronson and getting interviewed in Rolling Stone...

Darn. That's the version that I have on order too. Not exactly sure when mine is shipping (apparently they had to make more bundles) but I'll report back when I do.
Looks like I have an expected package from Ann Arbor today. Perhaps my Angel Olsen replacement and/of bundle.

I don't need another copy of Durand Jones, so I'll be swapping. The Jason Molina I am very curious about. Will need to revisit Faye Webster as I recall I was meh about it.

Glad they are announcing 3 months at a time.

I don't need another copy of Durand Jones, so I'll be swapping. The Jason Molina I am very curious about. Will need to revisit Faye Webster as I recall I was meh about it.

Glad they are announcing 3 months at a time.
I'll be on the Molina for sure. May trade for a couple more of his as in the exact situation you are the next 2 months.

Have both Faye and Durand already so guess I'm swapping the next 2 months. No big, this is my first quarter and I wanted to use this to grab a couple exclusives I was eyeing.

How does the swapping work for them? Just email in?

Interesting. I need to give those a listen. I have a few more items that I am interested in swapping for so *shrug*.

Have both Faye and Durand already so guess I'm swapping the next 2 months. No big, this is my first quarter and I wanted to use this to grab a couple exclusives I was eyeing.

How does the swapping work for them? Just email in?
Yes. I email them and they are friendly. I haven't had a problem yet.

Back