Secretly Society

ADKq_Nb82wbv-0XIpCPYnsa6_6A5ScC1x43tERqlHZh6KTnWp-AoWIsNmICf-FQk9N6vyrcGc3TNjorKcjGLfEgehtXUT9icvaViwhidVR1dp-HFDRmLJD6DUO6fsErhwQuEF0R5juQ57zT1zLXTpgTbr1JGZ7E1zh97uIM=s0-d-e1-ft
Greetings, Society Subscribers!

We're excited to announce that our September record of the month will be Hole Erth, the latest studio album from Toro y Moi, out September 6th on Dead Oceans.

Available Exclusively via Dead Oceans on Silver Smoke Vinyl for Secretly Society subscribers.

Pick for October. Dua Saleh - I Should Call Them (Ghostly)

IMG_5415.jpeg

Though this thread has gone pretty quiet - I feel like that speaks to where this sub is at right now. A real lack of enthusiasm. Right now my needle on renewal is leaning pretty heavily toward no for next year.

Though this thread has gone pretty quiet - I feel like that speaks to where this sub is at right now. A real lack of enthusiasm. Right now my needle on renewal is leaning pretty heavily toward no for next year.
Yeah, SS has been one of the easiest subscriptions to stay on board with for years, but I'm about ready to pull the plug too.

The addition of Ghostly and Saddest Factory to the Secretly family have added to labels which I don't have much interest in which are getting picked for AOTMs.

I feel like this is an “every other year” sub for me. I can probably pick 12 out of 24 that I’m actually interested in so I need to build up some back catalogue to swap from.

It’s really nothing against Secretly as a whole - I like a lot of their line up and for a couple years most of the picks were stuff I was going to grab anyway, but this year’s sub picks have been pretty weak and the trajectory doesn’t seem like it’s correcting.

I'm a little confused. This link says the release date for this album is 8/23, but I got my shipping notification on 7/31 and it's currently out for delivery.

I don't think we have every gotten anything super early from SS before.
When I was a ss member a few years ago I think I got my hatchie album a little bit after the release date or a little bit early I don't remember. I know my angel Olsen and stella donnelly album came out a few weeks after the release date. I'm not currently a member I only joined because it seemed like the cheapest way to get hatchies and angel Olsens last albums.

Back