Seattle / Tacoma / Washington

Looks like this local thread is mostly for concert venues, but hoping to find recommendations for a great repair tech.

The person I used in Olympia is just a really long drive to get there and back to and while great people the folks in Gig Harbor were mediocre at the restoration work I had them do. So looking for someone who can do some hopefully minor work on a Luxman PD444 (can’t get speed right on 33 and it’s waaayyy fast in 45). Plus a full restoration job needed on a pair of B&O Beogram 4002/4004.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Looks like this local thread is mostly for concert venues, but hoping to find recommendations for a great repair tech.

The person I used in Olympia is just a really long drive to get there and back to and while great people the folks in Gig Harbor were mediocre at the restoration work I had them do. So looking for someone who can do some hopefully minor work on a Luxman PD444 (can’t get speed right on 33 and it’s waaayyy fast in 45). Plus a full restoration job needed on a pair of B&O Beogram 4002/4004.

I haven’t personally used them but I’ve heard good things about Turntable Treasures here in Tacoma.

You went to gig harbor audio, I have not been there yet, am always looking at their used gear in their website.

You went to gig harbor audio, I have not been there yet, am always looking at their used gear in their website.
I did. Erik the owner is a great guy. George his tech is a nice guy. While it’s shorter then Monty in Olympia it is still a heck of a trip.

FWIW, I’ve also bought and traded several bits of gear with them.

I’m just surprised a city the size of Seattle lacks any good turntable repair people.

I’m just surprised a city the size of Seattle lacks any good turntable repair people.

I haven't been, but I've heard good things

Hawthorne is a big one.

Anyone planning to hit up any upcoming shows?

My birthday is on February 4th, so I just bought Unwound tix for that night on Vividseats for $11 a piece.

Bonnie 'Prince' Billy is playing the Neptune in May and ESG is at the Crocodile at the end of this month. I didn't make it out for the Sam Prekop and John McEntire show at Barboza on the 10th, but Plaid is playing there on February 2nd

Besides Phish and Death Grips, what's on your radar?

Last edited:

My birthday is on February 4th, so I just bought Unwound tix for that night on Vivitseats for $11 a piece.

Bonnie 'Prince' Billy is playing the Neptune in May and ESG is at the Crocodile at the end of this month. I didn't make it out for the Same Prekop and John McEntire show at Barboza on the 10th, but Plaid is playing there on February 2nd

Not so upcoming, but I would love to figure out getting tix for King Gizz in Carnation.

My birthday is on February 4th, so I just bought Unwound tix for that night on Vivitseats for $11 a piece.

Bonnie 'Prince' Billy is playing the Neptune in May and ESG is at the Crocodile at the end of this month. I didn't make it out for the Same Prekop and John McEntire show at Barboza on the 10th, but Plaid is playing there on February 2nd

I'm planning on going to MorMor on Feb 1. I may end up having an extra ticket but I won't know until closer.

Back