Seattle / Tacoma / Washington

Glad I pre-ordered a copy! Love Minor Threat but didn't expect this set to be 4x in price by the time I received it.

I honestly did expect it. Maybe not 4x the price, but at least double. There was a full month to preorder them, but there are always people who completely miss out on these things and they slip past them. I preordered mine, as well, because I didn't want to regret it.

man that ghost funk show was dope. and the band was entirely approachable before the show. getting 10 people to sign two lps mught have been a real pain but these guys went out of their way to autograph our vinyl without hesitation. and live they're great. ran into some polyrhythmics and jimmy james too.

@TenderLovingKillerĀ®

I need to make a visit down there for some digging around.
Hi-Voltage is great. I really enjoy Janku-Land too his prices are better but his selection is much smaller. House of Records is a kind of a mess, stacks upon stacks of vinyl lots of it way overpriced, but itā€™s a fun place to dig and you can find some good stuff every now and then. Drastic Plastic is fine a smaller selection prices are closer to Hi-Voltage with a much smaller selection. I donā€™t think I have ever bought anything there but yeah, come down. Walking around 6th Ave is a nice way to kill an afternoon.

Hi-Voltage is great. I really enjoy Janku-Land too his prices are better but his selection is much smaller. House of Records is a kind of a mess, stacks upon stacks of vinyl lots of it way overpriced, but itā€™s a fun place to dig and you can find some good stuff every now and then. Drastic Plastic is fine a smaller selection prices are closer to Hi-Voltage with a much smaller selection. I donā€™t think I have ever bought anything there but yeah, come down. Walking around 6th Ave is a nice way to kill an afternoon.

I saw Bonnie Prince Billy do a mostly empty in-store at Rocket Records 10 years ago

I frequent hi-voltage, they want ā€œall the moneyā€ for used records, you get 20% off any purchase after you spend $200 so I use this to my advantage, itā€™s a nice clean, organized shop, most of the used records have outer sleeves. They get a lot of stuff coming in the door. Turntable treasures or house of records is a joke though, avoidable in my opinion. Havenā€™t been to the other two. Up north in mount vernon is lost in the groove, my go to. The owner doesnā€™t get the amount of new stuff coming in but he seeks it out, stuff doesnā€™t last here though because his pricing is reasonable, curated well but is a lot to dig through.

Back