Seattle / Tacoma / Washington

My wife and I will be traveling to Seattle to see Madonna for our 25th anniversary. I’ve been trying to find a place to go for seafood dinner, and decided between either Palisade or Anthony’s Pier 66. Both menus look fantastic, my wife was leaning slightly toward Palisade. Thoughts?

My wife and I will be traveling to Seattle to see Madonna for our 25th anniversary. I’ve been trying to find a place to go for seafood dinner, and decided between either Palisade or Anthony’s Pier 66. Both menus look fantastic, my wife was leaning slightly toward Palisade. Thoughts?
Anthony’s is great. It’s kinda touristy due to it’s location but the food is excellent. I’st also super close to Climate Pledge/Space Needle/Pikes Place Market. You could park by the arena, take the monorail to city center, walk through the market to the waterfront and on to Anthony’s, then head back for the show. I have never eaten at Palisade personally but I have heard it’s great too.

Last edited:
In the current state of affairs downtown I'm not sure I would advise strolling from Westlake to the market.

That's from a near lifetime Seattle resident who isn't particularly happy about having to say that. But I am in the area driving enough to suggest it's not always the safest place.

In the current state of affairs downtown I'm not sure I would advise strolling from Westlake to the market.

That's from a near lifetime Seattle resident who isn't particularly happy about having to say that. But I am in the area driving enough to suggest it's not always the safest place.
To each their own. I would have no issue making that trek on a weekend/weekday afternoon or early evening.

I’ll be out in Tacoma in a few weeks for Punk in Drublic (basically a 2 day mini Warped Tour).

Anyone else going?
I will not be in attendance but I will be around. Hit me up if you are getting a bite or drink around town. It looks like the festival is the same weekend as this…
If you are wanting to find something else to do that is a fun option.

I will not be in attendance but I will be around. Hit me up if you are getting a bite or drink around town. It looks like the festival is the same weekend as this…
If you are wanting to find something else to do that is a fun option.
Thank you!! I appreciate it!

Hey, we’re planning a trip to the Pacific Northwest, flying in Seattle and planning to visit friends to Spokane. After that we are going to Portland and we are thinking of stopping somewhere between Spokane and Portland for a couple days. Anybody would have good recs for a place to stay with nice things to see, good hikes…thinking Richland or Kennewick as this is mid distance but maybe there’s actually a better city to stay?
TIA

Hey, we’re planning a trip to the Pacific Northwest, flying in Seattle and planning to visit friends to Spokane. After that we are going to Portland and we are thinking of stopping somewhere between Spokane and Portland for a couple days. Anybody would have good recs for a place to stay with nice things to see, good hikes…thinking Richland or Kennewick as this is mid distance but maybe there’s actually a better city to stay?
TIA
The Tri-Cities are fine but you would be better off spending that time in Spokane and enjoying the area around there. If you wanna stop somewhere in between. There is the Moses Lake/Potholes area that is a bit scenic. The area around The Gorge Amphitheater near Quincy, and lots of beautiful places along the Columbia River Gorge. If you are a fan of wine and/or sweet onions Walla Walla wouldn’t be too far out or the way either.

Back