Seattle / Tacoma / Washington

The Tri-Cities are fine but you would be better off spending that time in Spokane and enjoying the area around there. If you wanna stop somewhere in between. There is the Moses Lake/Potholes area that is a bit scenic. The area around The Gorge Amphitheater near Quincy, and lots of beautiful places along the Columbia River Gorge. If you are a fan of wine and/or sweet onions Walla Walla wouldn’t be too far out or the way either.
It's a little closer to Portland, but Hood River is fantastic. Good beers, wineries, fruits, shops, beer, and food.

Hey, we’re planning a trip to the Pacific Northwest, flying in Seattle and planning to visit friends to Spokane. After that we are going to Portland and we are thinking of stopping somewhere between Spokane and Portland for a couple days. Anybody would have good recs for a place to stay with nice things to see, good hikes…thinking Richland or Kennewick as this is mid distance but maybe there’s actually a better city to stay?
TIA

The Tri-Cities are fine but you would be better off spending that time in Spokane and enjoying the area around there. If you wanna stop somewhere in between. There is the Moses Lake/Potholes area that is a bit scenic. The area around The Gorge Amphitheater near Quincy, and lots of beautiful places along the Columbia River Gorge. If you are a fan of wine and/or sweet onions Walla Walla wouldn’t be too far out or the way either.

Moses Lake is...there? I wouldn't stop there. Tri-Cities is fine but you're better off just using it as a stopping place for a night. Spend more time in one of the other cities. You'll have tons of hiking options wherever you go.

I always recommend Silverton State Park to people visiting Portland

I'm photographing the Melvins / Boris Twins Of Evil Tour at The Showbox this Friday, but was unable to get a plus one due to limited space on the list and it's sold out. I'm looking for someone with an extra ticket so that I can bring my wife and it looks like they're all sitting on reseller sites. Please let me know if you're able to help out.

Thanks

Here's a photo that I shot of Melvins at the Showbox back in 2017

MELVINS SHOWBOX 2017.jpg

We aren’t gonna make it up this year but it looks like the weather will be nice on Saturday. You guys should be in for a fun day. Who are you trying to see?
Ride, Sweet Water, Slift, Jawbreaker, Dandy Warhols, Durand, Matt and Kim, Temples, Sunny Day, and probably a bunch I don't know as much about.

Will take any recommendations! Hoping the kids and spouse don't hold me from seeing some things.

Ride, Sweet Water, Slift, Jawbreaker, Dandy Warhols, Durand, Matt and Kim, Temples, Sunny Day, and probably a bunch I don't know as much about.

Will take any recommendations! Hoping the kids and spouse don't hold me from seeing some things.

I've got tix for both days, but messed up my back at tennis yesterday so waiting to see how much I can handle. Them claiming to bring back the full festival complete with weird arts acts, but treating it as any other music festival with no re-entry, is egregiously dumb.

Aside from the ones you mentioned - Warpaint, Girl Trouble, Rebirth Brass Band & The Black Tones mostly overlap but are both worth seeing, Beverly Crusher, Spirit Award, *Descendents* (and not just because Milo had a heart attack last month)

I've got tix for both days, but messed up my back at tennis yesterday so waiting to see how much I can handle. Them claiming to bring back the full festival complete with weird arts acts, but treating it as any other music festival with no re-entry, is egregiously dumb.

Aside from the ones you mentioned - Warpaint, Girl Trouble, Rebirth Brass Band & The Black Tones mostly overlap but are both worth seeing, Beverly Crusher, Spirit Award, *Descendents* (and not just because Milo had a heart attack last month)
Hope you're feeling better and able to make it. But yes, no reentry is ridiculous!

Back