RSD 2020

Hi all:

I think that this is the correct section for this, but it isn't a record. I have these: Sonus Faber Concerto Grand Piano loudspeaker that I purchased around the time that review was written. They served me well, sound beautiful, and have the wear (plus an extra bit) that you might expect of speakers that traveled 3 states and I think 8-10 moves.

Some quick notes:
  • The speakers are the two towers and the center channel (see photos)
  • Serial # on the towers is 3005
  • I cannot ship them, they are available for pickup only, and I live in Boston (city)
  • They ebay for an oddly high amount of money considering how old they are -- I share this mostly to say that I lived with them since ~1999/2000 and they were terrific speakers that sound lovely, were highly regarded upon release, and apparently if I'd taken great care of them I could flip for about $1500-2K less than I originally paid (huh.... life lessons).
  • This is a comparable ebay listing: Sonus Faber Concerto Grand Piano matched pair Serial # 2516 free shipping CUS | eBay
  • They are inefficient: e.g. they require an amp that can push a high quality of power. @HiFi Guy might be able to provide more context but originally I bi-wired them to a 200w/channel amp -- a Denon AVR 5800
  • I paired them with a sub to balance the inefficiency (REL Storm III) and provide a full range
  • They are able to be bi-wired (see above points, power hungry) -- slight hiccup at the moment is that my five-year old son seems to have recently taken the connectors between the terminations for all three speakers. This is though just a simply piece of conductive metal and I think easy to replace. If I hunt enough I can probably find them ... Kids.... :) but can't promise it.
  • the extra bit of wear...Around 3 moves ago, the movers managed to crack the the housing where all three speakers terminate. They have always worked since then, but you can slide that open on all 3 speakers (see photo)
My asks (some honor system stuff)
  • Please don't take them to flip them -- unless that is really financially important to you ('cause hey, times) but hopefully this is a way to help someone get a set of speakers to enjoy the hobby more we all love
  • Please try to be kind in a few conscious acts -- in whatever manner you choose -- and well, pay it forward
  • Please donate something to @Jake! PIFsgiving because I think that's pretty neat
  • Recommend me one record that's been meaningful to you this past year
that's it. Why am I doing it? Thanks @MikeH @HiFi Guy @AnthonyI @Skalap @Selaws @Joe Mac @Ed Selley @Splunders and all of you. Seems good and it would be great it they went to a good home. Happy to send more photos, etc.

Final note: if you look carefully in one of the photos you can see my gym sock reflected in the very shiny piano black finish -- because, shiny!

View attachment 64248View attachment 64249View attachment 64250View attachment 64251View attachment 64252

If you end up missing out, I can PIF you a copy

In case people weren't already aware, N&G Leadbelly is wicked awesome people.

It was really a late item that I was interested in and it seemed like stores only got 1 or 2 copies in. Most of the sellers on Discogs were overseas and I wasn’t going to go that route.

The last few orders from across the pond have showed up quicker and in better shape than my last domestic orders. And you may notice that things are sometimes cheaper even after shipping.

The UK has the Pretenders

Last edited:
The Weeknd is a bit pricier on Vinyl-Digital, but they have it

So is Cherry Bomb. They have 2 listings for Cherry Bomb, though, and the other one, which is sold out, was cheaper, but it was also listed as EU. These must cost more, because they are imported from the US.

and the instrumentals, which are priced just about right on MSRP

Spacehog back in stock @ Banquet

Damn! That shipping stings. Scooped it up, anyway, to offer to Emery. Thanks for the heads up

Back