RSD 2020

If anyone's still looking for Jimmy Giuffre from last month's RSD, I'm PIFing it over yonder. ✌️

EDIT: CLAIMED 11/27
Jimmy Giuffre 3* - Graz 1961
Opened and spun once. Thought it'd be my speed, but not quite. Deserves to be with someone who'd love it. Can do a hat if there's multiple people interested.

Trent Reznor And Atticus Ross - Watchmen: Vol. 02 (Music From The HBO Series)
Still sealed. One of those "bought it when I saw it" since I saw loved the show, then upon further consideration, knew I'd never spin it.

Still available:

Grizzly Bear - Horn Of Plenty (RSD 2015, clear w/ black splatter)
Superorganism - S/T (standard black)

Last edited:
I came here to essentially say the same thing. 4 months of RSD in a row was about two too many. That being said, there were some great releases this year, and the teamwork on this forum to get people what they were looking for has been heartwarming.
Absolutely! Cumulatively, it was one of the best RSD in awhile. But, yeah, they do NOT need to space it out again!

honestly, i only went all four rsd days just to support my local! (august and october were my only musts) it’s like they say: every day is record store day!
I made sure to pop in before the October drop to do a trade in. There was nothing I wanted from the October list so I deferred and ended up spending $100+ each time so my spending was up for the first time and I’m thankful I could splurge on myself this year. Like you said it’s all about the support for the local stores!

I made sure to pop in before the October drop to do a trade in. There was nothing I wanted from the October list so I deferred and ended up spending $100+ each time so my spending was up for the first time and I’m thankful I could splurge on myself this year. Like you said it’s all about the support for the local stores!

Well rem that many of us don’t have good local options to support BUT FWIW I managed to round up most titles I wanted from “real” stores. I didn’t support a single flipper and only missed out on two or three titles I really wanted and/or would have picked up if available. It’s just my “locals” happened to be scattered across the country from sea-to-sea.

Definitely share the opinion that four separate RSDs is way to many. IMHO two RSDs is pushing it.

Well rem that many of us don’t have good local options to support BUT FWIW I managed to round up most titles I wanted from “real” stores. I didn’t support a single flipper and only missed out on two or three titles I really wanted and/or would have picked up if available. It’s just my “locals” happened to be scattered across the country from sea-to-sea.

Definitely share the opinion that four separate RSDs is way to many. IMHO two RSDs is pushing it.
This is me. I much rather be able to hop into a local, but the nearest RSD spots are about 2 hours away and that's a no go having children and a spouse with no interest in vinyl. Thanks to everyone here, I've gotten what I want but usually from a few different stores. I am hopeful that stores keep up the online options in the future.

This is me. I much rather be able to hop into a local, but the nearest RSD spots are about 2 hours away and that's a no go having children and a spouse with no interest in vinyl. Thanks to everyone here, I've gotten what I want but usually from a few different stores. I am hopeful that stores keep up the online options in the future.
Same here - nothing particularly local other than a Newbury in a mall (which I don’t really count as a “local”) and I’m at least a few years away from my kids being old enough to come with me, or at least me no longer needing a good excuse to fuck off for a few hours on the weekend.

I‘ve gotten almost everything I’ve wanted (the Blood on the Tracks test pressing being a notable exception) the last few years by shopping online during the RSD weekends, then hitting up Rock & Soul (a few blocks from my office) on Monday (not happening this year since I haven’t been to my office since March). Obviously the latter rarely yields anything that’s super high demand, but I would usually end up copping things that I wouldn’t necessarily go out of my way to snag online. Which is why it’s great to go in person if/when you can.

I just got 1 of the 2 remaining Uncle Tupelo from Sisters of Sounds Records; same place I tracked down the Galaxie 500 Copenhagen in August. Other than walk-up business, the only internet sales they do are through Instagram (had them do PayPal invoice for me).

I've just paid an absolutely obscene amount for Aimee Mann. If this gets a quick repress I'll be in tears till next Black Friday.

Why oh why was it not on the UK list. Rsd are a massive bunch of wankers!
I believe it’s a RSD First so it should get a proper release next year.

Back