Rock, Alt-Rock, Indie Rock, Psych Rock, Shoegaze, Punk, Noise Rock, Emocore, etc.

A few things I've had on repeat recently....

N0V3L - NON-FICTION (post-punk excellence from Vancouver):

Fiddlehead - Between the Richness (emo/punk):

KennyHoopla - Survivor's Guilt (pure fucking cheese emo - Travis Barker on drums):

Mannequin Pussy - Perfect EP (punk):

Iceage - Seek Shelter (post-punk/indie):

Not sure if this was mentioned in this thread, but here's a new EP from Nick Bassett (Whirr) and Brandon Setta (Nothing).

I cannot stop listening to it. It's really good. Digi files only though, no physical media.

The new MONO album is stunning (post rock):

Full anthology of Montreal band Sofa, originally released on Constellation Records in the mid-90s (post punk / art rock):

Two new tracks from Glasgow post punk band Kaputt, who are opening up for SQUID on a handful of UK dates this autumn:

Excellent EP from Chicago group Stuck (post punk / noise rock):

dogleg's first two EPs remixed and remastered, currently name your price on bandcamp:

Just catching up with the fact that the members of shoegaze outfit Crisis Arm moved on to create several other projects, one of which, Grave Saddles (fka Ambersmoke), released an album two weeks ago. It's quite good! Very Greet Death meets Pinegrove.

Palila from hamburg make 90s-throwback indie-rock and their debut is pretty great
32922.jpg

no new music, today, but old photos, but there is a book mcoming out by Alison Braun.
The website has a nice collection of photos from punk rock and rock shows in the 80s and 90s.

I’ve officially taken a dive into newer kraut/lounge music with an order for this:

Vanishing Twin: Ookii Gekkou

Anyone else here listening to them?

I remember thinking it was pretty cool when I checked it out upon release, but I haven't revisited it since. I've made note to do so again sooner rather than later.

In the meanwhile I've managed to get myself into a Manic Street Preachers rabbit hole and wondering why I didn't do a deeper dive years ago!

Back