Rock, Alt-Rock, Indie Rock, Psych Rock, Shoegaze, Punk, Noise Rock, Emocore, etc.

Surprisingly for me - I am really enjoying this new Bloc Party release. Not really a fan but I keep coming back to this as an enjoyable listen in the car with the windows wide open:

Numero Group just teased something “new” tomorrow from Codeine on their Instagram Stories. The quotation marks around new is from NG. Also they played an unreleased version of Sea in the story, that was recorded in 1992 (during the Barely Real sessions?). Either way I will most likely buy it, unless it is just stand alone versions of the box set expanded albums

I really love the latest Wave Pictures album. They say it's their best one yet, not sure about that, but is a fantastic album. It's a double and all doubles are invariably too long and this is no exception to that rule, but there are so many good songs that it just about pulls it off. Very odd choice of song to open the album with though.

Coldplay have just announced a special live broadcast of the Music Of The Spheres World Tour from Buenos Aires’ River Plate Stadium, which will be shown in thousands of cinemas across more than 70 countries on October 28 / 29* in partnership with Trafalgar Releasing, who also executive produce alongside CJ 4DPlex Tickets for the event - the first ever live worldwide cinema broadcast of a concert from Latin America - will be available on September 15 at 3pm BST / 4pm CET / 10am ET / 7am PT from https://coldplaycinema.live/ (where you can also sign up now to get updates and information). The show will see the band perform classic hits from across their career in a stadium bursting with lights, lasers, fireworks and LED wristbands - all of which combine to make Coldplay’s concerts such a life-affirming experience. This beautifully-filmed feature presentation will be directed by acclaimed BAFTA-winning and Grammy-nominated director Paul Dugdale. * The Event is broadcast live to North America and Latin America on Friday, October 28, with the rest of the world joining the broadcast on Saturday, October 29 due to local time zones. Repeat screenings will also be available worldwide. The full list of local screenings will be listed at https://coldplaycinema.live/ from Thursday, September 15.

First-ever vinyl edition of Medicine's Her Highness with an improved mix is dropping Friday.

First-ever vinyl edition of Medicine's Her Highness with an improved mix is dropping Friday.

Sounds like it's a pressing of Brad's later reprisal with unreleased content distributed as His Lowness. The liner notes can be found in the Discogs listing for context.

So I've been on the lookout for some HEAVY Shoegaze of late. I did a search a few weeks ago and came across this person's spotify playlist via r/shoegaze that they keep updated. There's some good stuff in there.

And, because of that playlist I discovered the band/artist Animal Ghosts. They are basically a MBV rip-off, but it sounds original in it's own way. Highly recommend giving it a listen.

So I've been on the lookout for some HEAVY Shoegaze of late. I did a search a few weeks ago and came across this person's spotify playlist via r/shoegaze that they keep updated. There's some good stuff in there.

And, because of that playlist I discovered the band/artist Animal Ghosts. They are basically a MBV rip-off, but it sounds original in it's own way. Highly recommend giving it a listen.

i really like greet death’s “new hell” if you haven’t heard it yet

also definitely check out pinebender’s first two albums, so freaking good

Last edited:
i really like greet death’s “new hell” if you haven’t heard it yet

also definitely check out pinebender’s first two albums, so freaking good

I actually listened to that Greet Death album on Friday, it was decent. First half was a little better than the second. A couple of tracks didn't really fit the shoegaze mold I was looking for but it wasn't bad. I'll check out this other band!

I actually listened to that Greet Death album on Friday, it was decent. First half was a little better than the second. A couple of tracks didn't really fit the shoegaze mold I was looking for but it wasn't bad. I'll check out this other band!

In the same general direction, there's Cloakroom, one of Greet Death's singers sounds very similar to Cloakroom's.

So I've been on the lookout for some HEAVY Shoegaze of late.

This just popped into my feed and has some serious potential.

Seems you've already clocked some of the obvious contenders (Greet Death, Cloakroom, Nothing). The Flesh & Bone Records catalog is a great place to dig next, particularly No Sun, Pale Shade, doused, Lowfaith (now called Cherished).

Back