RIP MF DOOM

Holy cow Doom vinyl sales on eBay are bonkers. If you need money to pay off some debt then sell by all means. My gosh... I'm holding all my stuff tightly. I recently traded my VMP Keys to the Kuffs record at my local store for another record but that's it.

Holy cow Doom vinyl sales on eBay are bonkers. If you need money to pay off some debt then sell by all means. My gosh... I'm holding all my stuff tightly. I recently traded my VMP Keys to the Kuffs record at my local store for another record but that's it.
I don't understand it. Why would anybody buy these? Most of his records have gotten represses already announced and still available for retail:

Born Like This
Key To The Kuffs
Mouse and the Mask
NehruvianDOOM
Bookhead EP
Madvillainy
Madvillainy 2

Now if you are looking for Mm...Foood, Vaudville Villain, or Venomous Villain I could see you getting suckered. But can't see how at least Mmm..Food doesn't get repressed again. 🤷‍♂️

I don't understand it. Why would anybody buy these? Most of his records have gotten represses already announced and still available for retail:

Born Like This
Key To The Kuffs
Mouse and the Mask
NehruvianDOOM
Bookhead EP
Madvillainy
Madvillainy 2

Now if you are looking for Mm...Foood, Vaudville Villain, or Venomous Villain I could see you getting suckered. But can't see how at least Mmm..Food doesn't get repressed again. 🤷‍♂️
And with prices selling that high they will stay that way for a while and reissues will become hard to get and newcomers will have a hard time getting them.

The only way to get prices lowered is for the market to be flooded and so far that is happening but not at the rate it's needs to be because of the hype.

Besides the last ones you mentioned I think the rarest release will be the Cookin' Soul DOOM Xmas album.

And with prices selling that high they will stay that way for a while and reissues will become hard to get and newcomers will have a hard time getting them.

The only way to get prices lowered is for the market to be flooded and so far that is happening but not at the rate it's needs to be because of the hype.

Besides the last ones you mentioned I think the rarest release will be the Cookin' Soul DOOM Xmas album.
That Cookin Soul was already crazy expensive on the secondary market. I’m sure some fool will list a copy for $1000.

I saw this on Discogs:

"Buyers please avoid the selfish sellers that have jacked up the prices for their own benefit, wait it out until they grow a conscience...especially marvawhitney13 - after a conversation I have been informed that ‘6 minutes’ after the announcement of DOOM’s death he bought all the copies for sale so that he could jack up the prices and make a profit. It's actions like this that ruin the record game for everyone."
That Cookin Soul was already crazy expensive on the secondary market. I’m sure some fool will list a copy for $1000.

Back