Restocks/Represses

Art Pepper Meets the Rhythm Section Mono is back in stock at Plaid Room

Last edited:
Why are these so expensive? I’m unfamiliar with the Music Matters label.
MMJ was the proto Tone Poet label. Joe Harley + KG AAA cuts of classic BN albums. They were pretty much the definitive BN reissues--so much so that BN ended up poaching the same team that did them for the Tone Poet series.

Joe Harley has said they will not be redoing any of the MMJ titles as Tone Poets (they may be done as BN Classics though). I think he made an exception for Blue Train because they did the additional stereo outtakes and a stereo and mono version.

MMJ ended up going a bit off the rails and the owner Ron was mad that flippers made more than him, so he started the trend of charging more for represses and making the price higher as supply dwindles. I don't think they have many, if any, licenses left to press these anymore.

here's the discogs listing for Candy:

Why are these so expensive? I’m unfamiliar with the Music Matters label.
You think that is bad you should see the secondary market. LOL. These are generally considered the best sounding versions of the Blue Note records. Unless you prefer the RVG OG's, but those go for even more.

MMJ are all AAA. Cut from the tapes and used the original artwork to recreate the covers.

:edit @MikeH beat me to it and had a better response. :D

You think that is bad you should see the secondary market. LOL. These are generally considered the best sounding versions of the Blue Note records. Unless you prefer the RVG OG's, but those go for even more.

MMJ are all AAA. Cut from the tapes and used the original artwork to recreate the covers.

:edit @MikeH beat me to it and had a better response. :D
I'm pretty shocked at some of the in-stock prices now though. Some are listed at $150+ now. Crazy!

Odd bootleg single LP version of a sought after Sonic Youth double LP set.

Anyone heard that the band is reissuing it?
Nope, and If I recall SY didn’t even want Blast First to release it when it initially dropped. I would love a reissue though but this ain’t it.

Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots should be having a pretty widespread repress later this month. I've seen preorders pop up on various sites.

Probably going to be good timing if the wide release Guardians of the Galaxy 3 trailer includes "Do You Realize?" like the ComicCon one did!

Also, I'm stoked at the prospect of a reasonably priced copy.

Probably going to be good timing of the wide release Guardians of the Galaxy 3 trailer includes "Do You Realize?" like the ComicCon one did!

Also, I'm stoked at the prospect of a reasonably priced copy.
i'm surprised how expensive it has gotten. I think it's my favorite Flaming Lips album though.

Back