Record Store Day 2023

RSDBF '23 Special Release: Meat Puppets - Forbidden Places
would replace my promo with the generic sleeve

"Never before reissued on vinyl, this lost early '90s classic comes in boysenberry with black swirl vinyl inside a jacket with an inner sleeve. Limited to 2500 copies worldwide!"
Oh dang! Same! That’s a really good Meat Puppets album. Probably their best in the 90’s.

My list currently…
Meat Puppets - Forbidden Places
Jerry Garcia & David Grisman - So What
Rilo Kiley - Under The Black Light
Asteroid City Soundtrack

Most excited for Meat Puppets, hopefully this will be a precursor to a reisssue of Too High To Die. Under The Black Light will complete my Rilo Kiley collection and the Garcia/Grisman and Asteroid City are both wonderful vibes.

We’ll see how much this list evolves over the next month and a half.

Nothing really jumps out at me as a must have.

Also seems like there are a lot more "RSD Firsts" than usual. I think bands are finally realizing they should keep options open about releasing this stuff at a later date.

Didn't see X-Cops - You Have The Right To Remain Silent on my first look.

I'll have to track that down. It's essentially GWAR.

Finally digging into the list a bit - I think a lot of you around these parts would dig Chico Hamilton - The Master. Cool jazz/funk/latin mix, with Little Feat as the backing band ( @Hemotep - you should definitely check it out) - something I've never seen out in the wild.

Other stuff I'll probably grab - Garcia/Grisman, Winter in America, MMJ Xmas. Maybe Meat Puppets, although Real Gone will probably press that a bunch of times so likely can find that on sale in the future.

Finally digging into the list a bit - I think a lot of you around these parts would dig Chico Hamilton - The Master. Cool jazz/funk/latin mix, with Little Feat as the backing band ( @Hemotep - you should definitely check it out) - something I've never seen out in the wild.

Other stuff I'll probably grab - Garcia/Grisman, Winter in America, MMJ Xmas. Maybe Meat Puppets, although Real Gone will probably press that a bunch of times so likely can find that on sale in the future.
Thanks for the recommendation! I'm not familiar at all.

Back