Record Store Day 2023

Tbh those expensive jazz sets haven’t been too hard to find after the fact, and even for less money. Specifically thinking the Kelly/Montgomery. I am interested in it, but for $75+ I’m going to hold off the day of.
Agreed. I mean, they basically couldn't give away that Rollins from a few RSDs ago. Even the BIll Evans titles seem to be available after the fact. I think the genie is out of the bottle so to speak, on this whole thing (as much as I hate that marketing BS phrase).

To @AnthonyI and @avecigrec : did anyone DM you, offering to buy the titles you want? If not, DM me. Or anyone else on N&G for that matter since I have an 8AM appointment (the earliest slot) at School Kids Records, who usually get lots of everything. And then I will head to All Day records for more (see my post in Online Deals). So between those two, I think I've got you covered.

To @AnthonyI and @avecigrec : did anyone DM you, offering to buy the titles you want? If not, DM me. Or anyone else on N&G for that matter since I have an 8AM appointment (the earliest slot) at School Kids Records, who usually get lots of everything. And then I will head to All Day records for more (see my post in Online Deals). So between those two, I think I've got you covered.

I'm gonna see how @scotthilk's PIFSGIVING draw goes before committing to anybody, but I very much appreciate and may take you up on your offer!

I plan to have a look through their Discogs later today to see if I can help them out... Definitely nearing the dregs of my dollars, but seems a worthy cause!
Yeah, all of these sales have hit my wallet too but I'll try to hold off any more megastore sales in favor of this All Day one. And FWIW, I think All Day's discogs prices are 10% higher than instore. So probably more like 25-30% off those prices.

Yeah, RSDBF especially. Been burned on a few releases I snagged day of that dropped significantly weeks later. Might stick to the used bins tomorrow at the local.
I wasn't fully committed to going early this year, but I passed out before 7 last night, and am already wide awake. So...I'll probably be out there lined up. I've also scratched Asteroid City off my list. With 8k of them out there, they will most definitely show up in many future sales. I'm happy though to only have a solid 3 to get as Im still working off a new house budget. Unless the used selection is crazy, I'm just sticking with:
Rilo Kiley, MMJ Xmas, and the Jazz Dispensary.

Noah sold out with me, Asteroid City was gone but I think they ordered low due to cost (they didn't order any WAR for instance). They had to get some more niche stuff moved over and the Monkees were gone. They didn't say anything else though

edit:Olivia and Norah out. I think Olivia is tough and Norah won't be but we'll see. Also the Noah fans missing out are easily the saddest I've seen. I also just saw a dude sell an Olivia out of his car and I think someone in front of me added Noah to their list so I'll miss out. Oh RSD lol

Last edited:
If anybody sees Noah Kahan “Cape Elizabeth EP” out there this morning and is not going to buy it, I’d really appreciate it. Obviously pay cost and shipping for it. Thanks.
I was hoping to pick it up today, but I got to Princeton late (8:30 for 10am opening) and am at least #30 in line. The people in the queue look like they want it as well.

Back