Record Store Day 2022

I got Bill Evans’ Inner Spirit online and it arrived with a jacket bend and seam split. What’s the going rate for compensation from online vendors these days? They offered a straight up return with no other option. The record is sold out everywhere at retail, so I’m not exactly interested in the return option. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!
View attachment 137517
I think your best shot is to let them know you don't wish to return it but would appreciate any price adjustment they'd be willing to make given the damage to the jacket (assuming the vinyl is fine). They either will or they won't and if you don't want to return it, you have no leverage, so you'll have to live with their decision. Is this a shop you buy from regularly? That probably would help.

I got Bill Evans’ Inner Spirit online and it arrived with a jacket bend and seam split. What’s the going rate for compensation from online vendors these days? They offered a straight up return with no other option. The record is sold out everywhere at retail, so I’m not exactly interested in the return option. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!
View attachment 137517
My local has stacks of these left if you need one…they can ship for you too

I did—same record. Also haven’t heard anything since. Last time I ordered from them was during a sale and iirc it took a while but I got my order minus 1 record they’d oversold and they communicated well about that.(wait, you did too. We both got those beer glasses 🍻
Mine just arrived today! No tracking was sent or anything but was packaged well and seems to be okay (haven't opened it yet though).

For you UK jazz fans there is a reasonably priced copy of the Art Pepper RSD release on ebay.

Nothing to do with me and im not interested in getting it, but I have seen listings for a lot lot more than this so might be of interest.

Art Pepper Ebay Link

Edit: Annnnnd its gone.

Last edited:
the james blake is pretty nice sounding. a few pops here and there but it's a beautiful album. expected way worse based on some of the discogs reviews I saw.

Mine just arrived today! No tracking was sent or anything but was packaged well and seems to be okay (haven't opened it yet though).
Got it! This place is the real deal. Record was packaged very well, vinyl outside of jacket, with very cool store markings/logos on the shipping carton and even the square piece of cardboard inside. Won't hesitate to order from them again.

Got it! This place is the real deal. Record was packaged very well, vinyl outside of jacket, with very cool store markings/logos on the sipping carton and even the square piece of cardboard inside. Won't hesitate to order from them again.
Yea--Ive been impressed with them both times I have ordered. Definitely will order from them again. My records were outside of the sleeves too. Only complaint is that I never got a notice saying the album as en route and never got a response from an email asking to confirm that they actually had it in stock and hadn't oversold. But it's very understandable around RSD since they were probably slammed.

They seem to be a less-talked about store than others and have had some represses of titles in stock longer than other popular online shops.

Yea--Ive been impressed with them both times I have ordered. Definitely will order from them again. My records were outside of the sleeves too. Only complaint is that I never got a notice saying the album as en route and never got a response from an email asking to confirm that they actually had it in stock and hadn't oversold. But it's very understandable around RSD since they were probably slammed.

They seem to be a less-talked about store than others and have had some represses of titles in stock longer than other popular online shops.
You need to have some faith, young grasshopper....

the james blake is pretty nice sounding. a few pops here and there but it's a beautiful album. expected way worse based on some of the discogs reviews I saw.

I'm just glad I'm not on an island. It's a bit scary how variable the RSD QAing is, I'd be really upset if I got a bum copy of this one.

I'm just glad I'm not on an island. It's a bit scary how variable the RSD QAing is, I'd be really upset if I got a bum copy of this one.
Yea--I bought it mostly since you said yours was good haha. A little noise on the last track but overall pretty happy with it!

Bit of a result..took a punt on order the Simon and Oscar from OCS live album from Assai Records as I knew they’d done an instore gig on RSD and signed some copies ..not advertising as signed but had a hunch ...arrived today ...and signed it is !

Back