Record Store Day 2022

Grabbed it on a whim that day and loved it. Mine was flat and pressed well too which is always a bonus with rsd stuff
I grabbed it on a whim too and threw it in with another online order to get free shipping haha. But what's not to like? Lou + an acoustic guitar. And agreed--it's pressed well, flat and quiet.

Got a bunch of my RSD orders in yesterday and the day before, so been cleaning and spinning them. Listening to the Lou Reed 1971 Demos album and am really enjoying it. Anybody else grab this one?
Saw it on one of the 'In' Groove's preview videos and was intrigued, so picked it up when I saw it at a local. Agree it's a keeper.

@Andy Listening to the Chet now. The music sounds great and I love this period of Chet's playing. His voice isn't great on these, but the playing is excellent. The cut and pressing is pretty solid as well.

I still think my most recommended jazz from this RSD is that Pepper Adams though if you didn't get it

@Andy Listening to the Chet now. The music sounds great and I love this period of Chet's playing. His voice isn't great on these, but the playing is excellent. The cut and pressing is pretty solid as well.

I still think my most recommended jazz from this RSD is that Pepper Adams though if you didn't get it

The Pepper Adams just arrived today. Looking forward to give at listen. The Bill Evans and the Mingus also landed, so plenty of cleaning & listening to do :)

Man, you’re not kidding about the Pepper Adams. The performance is superb with sound quality to match. And the overall package is top-notch, including some great written content between the inside of the gatefold and the insert. Pretty exciting that this is said to be the first of more Reel to Real albums to come from a stash of newly discovered tapes.

Man, you’re not kidding about the Pepper Adams. The performance is superb with sound quality to match. And the overall package is top-notch, including some great written content between the inside of the gatefold and the insert. Pretty exciting that this is said to be the first of more Reel to Real albums to come from a stash of newly discovered tapes.
I've listened to it 3 times since I cleaned it yesterday haha. It's awesome. Excited to see what they release next.

Honestly all the Reel To Real releases so far have been stand-out, I'm really surprised they haven't been as sought after as the Resonance stuff but I guess that is down to numbers and advertising as the music is certainly just as good.

A few years ago I was able to buy up all of the previously released ones (which was the first 3 at the time) really easily and affordably especially compared with the Resonance Releases.

If anyone was looking to get some others from the label I would certainly recommend them, and there are 8 so far so a good selection to choose from.

Honestly all the Reel To Real releases so far have been stand-out, I'm really surprised they haven't been as sought after as the Resonance stuff but I guess that is down to numbers and advertising as the music is certainly just as good.

A few years ago I was able to buy up all of the previously released ones (which was the first 3 at the time) really easily and affordably especially compared with the Resonance Releases.

If anyone was looking to get some others from the label I would certainly recommend them, and there are 8 so far so a good selection to choose from.

They're all great. The Roy Brooks from last year is still available at Juno

Yeah, I really like the Pepper Adams release. I added a few of their more affordable releases to my want list.

I never have really gotten the Resonance hype. The ones I've bought have all been somewhat disappointing. Especially the Grant Green in France was a letdown (and I LOVE Grant Green). Two out of three discs were unlistenable due to recording quality.

Anyone happen to find an extra copy of Sara Borealis?

Yes, no, maybe?
I called my local because they said they might get some titles Monday. I asked them for you, but unfortunately, they didn't even get Sara in. He said that it was his distributor that had the problem, so it's likely that other stores in my area were having trouble too.

Selfishly I don't care to report it because they're otherwise a solid store but my local haunt listing an RSD item for 2.5x retail that was a late shipment is a huge bummer

Edit: They are, of course, the ones to lament RSD Flippers.

Their copy is gone, but why not double it up with another pledged record store at the same price? I find the various levels of adherence to the pledge at stores interesting in a sad way.

1651852164605.png

Back