Record Store Day 2022

@waruv
Yep, by the time I got the Shop code it sold out. I appreciate it

Yep, by the time I got the Shop code it sold out. I appreciate it
Should have just tried to grab one myself for someone here . The text alerts for Plaidroom work really well and that’s how I found it. Tried to post here and find the people who were looking for it but it went real quick. If I see it again I’ll just buy it.

I am wondering if Plaid Room got botted on that, it went from outside of their count to sold out in the time it took for Shop Pay to send. So it goes, it’s just vinyl. I do appreciate you looking out. :)

I am very happy with the 5 LPs I picked up. The one I think everyone should give a chance is the Jonathan Richman - Modern Lovers ‘88, that guy just has so much fun and the album is a blast. It’s cut from the original analog tapes by Kevin Grey and it sounds phenomenal. I am sure it was not a super popular title either so it can be purchased still for around $20.

The only two I picked up this year are Jonathan Richman and Frankie & The Witch Fingers. I totally agree - the Jonathan Richman is great. I mean AAA and Kevin Gray should be alone for people to give this a shot. Pressing is surprisingly decent too (I think it's IRP, but it's quiet enough on my system).

I am wondering if Plaid Room got botted on that, it went from outside of their count to sold out in the time it took for Shop Pay to send. So it goes, it’s just vinyl. I do appreciate you looking out. :)
The restock email went out which is why there was a mad dash I think. I know they have said there are bots that buy more than one so might be worth signing up for alerts again since they usually cancel multiple orders.

@Plaid Room / Colemine any chance you’ll have more copies or Portraits of Her from cancelled orders?

The restock email went out which is why there was a mad dash I think. I know they have said there are bots that buy more than one so might be worth signing up for alerts again since they usually cancel multiple orders.

@Plaid Room / Colemine any chance you’ll have more copies or Portraits of Her from cancelled orders?

Good call - on the alert list now.

I get why they bundled the record with the book as a deluxe combo, but I really wish they also sold Various – Record Store Day: The Most Improbable Comeback Of The 21st Century as a standalone comp. It's really good. Killer list of artists doing live performances from record stores. No defects/issues on my pressing - they're still live performances so they only sound as good as their source and most of these songs can be found on some other form of wax I think but the curation was aggressively on point. Would've been a sweet $20 pickup for a lot of people without the book.

The book is pretty good in itself, just a very awkward hardcover read. Pretty strong recommendation for the paperback over the hardcover unless you want the record or want a coffee table reading book I guess.

Tracklist: Various - Record Store Day: The Most Improbable Comeback Of The 21st Century

I’m surprised how low the Jonathan Richman live album has dropped online. I may need to get one.

Kind of figures the two RSD releases it looks like i'm going to grab are both pretty obscure and I didn't find out about them until after it was over with. Going to play the waiting game with the majority of my "maybes".

Speed, Glue & Shinki – Eve << 1971 Japanese heavy drugged out psychedelic blues rock that I was able to pick up for like $25 shipped and is supposedly a well done pressing so I hopped on it.

The Jamestown Sheiks – Lennon & McCartney Reggae Style (1970) << This was I guess a UK RSD exclusive and i'm just finally giving it a listen right now actually and it's surprisingly really good! .. Only $20 shipped from jumpuprecords within the US but it seems pretty easy to get currently for anyone in the UK locally. My only concern with this one is the label.. Black Butcher Classics, anyone at all familiar with any of there releases? I read a few good reviews on a couple 7"'s they did from a random person but that's about it.

Did anybody order anything from Get Hip for RSD? I ordered that Pepper Adams but no shipping notice or anything yet...I emailed to make sure they didn't oversell but still haven't heard anything back. Guessing that they have just been swamped but wondering if anybody else had the same issue so far?

Did anybody order anything from Get Hip for RSD? I ordered that Pepper Adams but no shipping notice or anything yet...I emailed to make sure they didn't oversell but still haven't heard anything back. Guessing that they have just been swamped but wondering if anybody else had the same issue so far?
I did—same record. Also haven’t heard anything since. Last time I ordered from them was during a sale and iirc it took a while but I got my order minus 1 record they’d oversold and they communicated well about that.(wait, you did too. We both got those beer glasses 🍻

So I picked up a copy of Ray Charles' "Genius Loves Company" at this small local shop near me. The shop doesn't really do new inventory; its fairly new and has mostly used stuff aside from the more popular stuff. There's a small "jazz/soul" bin and there was an open, gold colored copy of "Genius" for $25. I only saw black copies existing on Discogs. But it has "BG" in the dead wax and couldn't pass up the price.

Couldn't find much info on it while I was there by looking up the UPC, but when I got home all of my searches show that there was an RSD version set to come out last week, but its been pushed to June 18. The UPC doesn't match the one on the a few shops showing the release. Nothing comes up for the UPC.

I'm really confused in how it wound up in that shop, even if it did come out just last week.

Last edited:
So I picked up a copy of Ray Charles' "Genius Loves Company" at this small local shop near me. The shop doesn't really do new inventory; its fairly new and has mostly used stuff aside from the more popular stuff. There's a small "jazz/soul" bin and there was an open, gold colored copy of "Genius" for $25. I only saw black copies existing on Discogs. But it has "BG" in the dead wax and couldn't pass up the price.

Couldn't find much info on it while I was there by looking up the UPC, but when I got home all of my searches show that there was an RSD version set to come out last week, but its been pushed to June 18. The UPC doesn't match the one on the a few shops showing the release. Nothing comes up for the UPC.

I'm really confused in how it wound up in that shop, even if it did come out just last week.

There were pressings of this previously but if it’s Gold I think it’s an RSD copy that snuck into the wild somehow, I think all previous copies were black and I don’t think Bernie was involved in the fantastic older pressings.

Either way, helluva find for $25 whatever version it is.

There were pressings of this previously but if it’s Gold I think it’s an RSD copy that snuck into the wild somehow, I think all previous copies were black and I don’t think Bernie was involved in the fantastic older pressings.

Either way, helluva find for $25 whatever version it is.
Yeah it didn't seem to line up with any of the other versions, but has the year "2014" on it and was done by Tangerine Records, which is the label that is doing the RSD version. But the UPCs not matching is strange. And this guy doesn't even do RSD releases. No idea how it wound up there a week later.

F6D809FB-7F7C-4DB0-8A3A-A0156AA52E5F.jpeg

Yeah it didn't seem to line up with any of the other versions, but has the year "2014" on it and was done by Tangerine Records, which is the label that is doing the RSD version. But the UPCs not matching is strange. And this guy doesn't even do RSD releases. No idea how it wound up there a week later.

View attachment 137470
Quick sell it on Facebook for 1,000 as rare 1/1!!!

I got Bill Evans’ Inner Spirit online and it arrived with a jacket bend and seam split. What’s the going rate for compensation from online vendors these days? They offered a straight up return with no other option. The record is sold out everywhere at retail, so I’m not exactly interested in the return option. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!
07896890-3371-4CDA-B193-A56DE6E61D2C.jpeg

I got Bill Evans’ Inner Spirit online and it arrived with a jacket bend and seam split. What’s the going rate for compensation from online vendors these days? They offered a straight up return with no other option. The record is sold out everywhere at retail, so I’m not exactly interested in the return option. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!
View attachment 137517
Ask for a partial refund. If you return it they would have to resell it again for a less amount.

Back