Record Store Day 2022

Yes--a VERY cool album. DIdn't realize it was AAA but looks like it! "lacquered directly from its original master tape in an all analog transfer by the legendary Bernie Grundman"
This is the only one I’m looking for this weekend. Won’t be able to make it out cause I’m sick, so I’ll have to play online roulette on Sunday.

It's been years since I've used them, have had great luck in the past but thanks for the head's up
I think they're great for most things. But I wouldn't trust them on pre-orders I really cared about, and having followed them for ages they're absolutely not to be relied on for RSD. They might come through but I'm still waiting for Otis Redding at Monterey to come in stock, for instance, and it's been a couple of years now!

I saw that! I’d imagine that it’s not AAA and cut by Bernie. Hoping I can grab this one…

Yup, Now-Again hype sticker says it's first reissue from original tapes so I suppose Superfly's reissue is not. Still, plays very well. Would like to read someone's comparison.

I'd be in for Sweet Relief and 100% Dynamite, but tragically looks increasingly like I'll be sifting through the leftovers online afterwards. I hope everyone gets what they are looking for!

I work 10-3 tomorrow and then I plan on walking over to a record store near my house to see if they at least have Royal Tenenbaums. If not, I might hit up a couple of other stores in the area.

I would also like to get Beth Orton. All of these can be ordered online if I have to. I was able to get The Life Aquatic online with no problems so we'll see.

Plaidroom got a TON of them it seems. They had an IG story with cube after cube full of them in their stock room.
Hi-Voltage did and Instagram posts and it looked like they had at least two dozen. Seems like they had lots of the the most popular titles Jerry Garcia, Prince, Pearl Jam, Royal Tenenbaums, Viktor Vaughn, I am gonna go early because I can but I bet they will still have some of each available later in the day.

Hi-Voltage did and Instagram posts and it looked like they had at least two dozen. Seems like they had lots of the the most popular titles Jerry Garcia, Prince, Pearl Jam, Royal Tenenbaums, Viktor Vaughn, I am gonna go early because I can but I bet they will still have some of each available later in the day.
It looked like Plaidroom easily had over 100 copies of the Prince album. Didn't see what else they had, but they always are super well-stocked. Sadly the two titles I want there had 15 or less copies according to their site but we'll see!

If anybody finds the Bobby Hamilton Quintet LP in person tomorrow and can pick it up for me, that would be super appreciated! If not, I'll try online on sunday!

My local has confirmed they do, in fact, only have the one copy of Prince. I'm flabbergasted!
They are also not opening early tomorrow like they usually do, and their opening time is just before my wife has an appointment so it looks like I'll be enjoying an un-planned sleep-in.

I don't know if I want to ask someone here to grab me one and ship it or find somewhere to order from directly when sales go online. I'm not too worried about finding myself a copy, really, but I'm definitely disappointed I won't be listening to it on Father's Day morning as I'd planned to. :(

Any life where any of you lot are?

Very weak early turn out here this time!
I am gonna grab a few hours of shut eye and try to get to my local around 4:30 am local; I’ll report my findings then. I have a feeling that the most popular titles were also fairly well stocked so people are going crazy for RSD #2.

What time did you show up?

I am gonna grab a few hours of shut eye and try to get to my local around 4:30 am local; I’ll report my findings then. I have a feeling that the most popular titles were also fairly well stocked so people are going crazy for RSD #2.

Yeah I got here at 6.50 and was 8th in line. 25 minutes later and the next person behind me has just arrived. There’d usually be 50-100 by this stage! I think these split releases are kinda over milking it and maybe people are beginning to get a bit bored of it?

Last edited:
Back