Record Store Day 2022

View attachment 142879

@TheThinWhiteDuke — looks like NY sound is Black Friday now.

Some stores may have gotten Blakey and Morcheeba apparently

Well I guess G.B.H. just died then

What’s the hot ticket item that warrants the early arrival?

Probably Prince- The Gold Experience and Pearl Jam- On Two Legs

The PJ probably would have got me if it made it to Drop 1, but it's gonna be an avg $40 + tax for a live comp and I can't drag myself to the store for just that

Wow...I wasn't even paying attention that it was RSD again.

Never even looked at this new list for today...I should do that.

Well...ok. Nothing I really NEED jumps out at me, so that's good.

I would get some Cool Dad points if I could get a copy of that Gerard Way album, though

Wow...I wasn't even paying attention that it was RSD again.

Never even looked at this new list for today...I should do that.

Well...ok. Nothing I really NEED jumps out at me, so that's good.

I would get some Cool Dad points if I could get a copy of that Gerard Way album, though
Same, this second drop completely slipped my mind until I got a calendar notification on my phone this morning.

I did want Viktor Vaughn and Prince. But I feel like I’ll be able to get those online/at my locals. Especially Prince. Stores near me still have Prince leftovers from last year.

Might need some help acquiring that Viktor Vaughn release. Couldn’t make it out early enough since I’m helping my partner out after her procedure. Gunna finish up and pop out to see what my shop has left. Hopefully I can get it but we’ll see.

Might need some help acquiring that Viktor Vaughn release. Couldn’t make it out early enough since I’m helping my partner out after her procedure. Gunna finish up and pop out to see what my shop has left. Hopefully I can get it but we’ll see.
im trying to hit up Newbury early this afternoon so will let you know if I see it!

My secret RSD spot had lots of the hard to find including one copy of super furry animals and Victor Vaughn and the dynamite. I grabbed those and fats domino, Peter Gabriel, and brand new heavies. This old salt goes to an even older saltier store that does used merch, so I collect stuff for trade credit for RSD. If you live near Nashville or Chattanooga or Knoxville McKay used books is the honeypot!

There’s a handful of awesome reggae comps and the Wailing Souls’ Firehouse Rock that I want but everything is so damn expensive! Not sure why the Wailing Souls’ is almost $50 everywhere and each of the Soul Jazz comps are like $40 a piece. If anyone has any of these already and have played them, could you post a review of the quality?

There’s a handful of awesome reggae comps and the Wailing Souls’ Firehouse Rock that I want but everything is so damn expensive! Not sure why the Wailing Souls’ is almost $50 everywhere and each of the Soul Jazz comps are like $40 a piece. If anyone has any of these already and have played them, could you post a review of the quality?
Isn’t soul jazz an import label? Pretty sure they are done by the label at Sounds of the Universe in London but I could be totally wrong about that…

Back