RECORD STORE DAY 2022 - Those of us who can't make it and hoping for...

The local Newbury, which is usually pretty well stocked, definitely ended up short and lines were rather long. I thought a lot of the ones here would be there and weren't. My other local was swamped and I didn't want to hold up people by browsing but they had more at least

I was able to get an Art Pepper and while I dug the stream of it, someone here will love it more. I think @Russ I was first to call for it but correct me if I'm wrong (or if you got it).

The local Newbury, which is usually pretty well stocked, definitely ended up short and lines were rather long. I thought a lot of the ones here would be there and weren't. My other local was swamped and I didn't want to hold up people by browsing but they had more at least

I was able to get an Art Pepper and while I dug the stream of it, someone here will love it more. I think @Russ I was first to call for it but correct me if I'm wrong (or if you got it).
If @Russ I got one already I’d take this one!

Got this one! Thanks!

Last edited:
So here's my RSD story that has my blood boiling. One of the dudes in line who had flipper vibes, literally flipped a bin of rsd records over and damaged all of them really bad. Granted the store did a bad job with the bins, but he was being careless cause I watched the whole thing. Then only bought Taylor and complained that the owner wouldn't give him a free RSD bag and poster.

if anyone can keep an eye out for this one for me

00AE65FF-1933-460C-9B8C-622D0292DF4F.jpeg

Already secured!

Last edited:
Reposting here for y'all:

One of my locals had about a dozen Art Pepper records. Nabbed one for myself but I might be able to go back and grab another later today/tomorrow if anyone is still in need.

Reposting here for y'all:

One of my locals had about a dozen Art Pepper records. Nabbed one for myself but I might be able to go back and grab another later today/tomorrow if anyone is still in need.
Sweet! I’m still looking for one but no clue where I am in the list! I’m gonna try online tomorrow too. No shops near me got them in.

I was talking to the guys at the front of the line this morning they had gotten there before the store closed Friday night. Interestingly I arrived at 3 and was 16th in line the guy one spot behind me showed up a full hour later. By the time the store opened though there was a line around the block.

I'm first in line outside a tiny shop that may have nothing but figured I'd give it a shot for Art Pepper and Taylor Swift.

Any big wants still out there? Not whew what they'll have but I can look around.

I decided to sit it out this year, but if my local posts that there’s still a lot of stuff, I might head over and see what there is.

Sweet! I’m still looking for one but no clue where I am in the list! I’m gonna try online tomorrow too. No shops near me got them in.
You are next after Russ I think.

The James Blake is so good, if I see an extra of that I’ll give you a heads up. I was questioning the price for six songs but man it’s pretty.

Yes, that would be great! (Sorry @MikeH.) Thank you, @waruv . Much appreciated. Just let me know how to make it happen.

Back