Record Store Day 2021

I wasn't feeling enthused enough to get up at 3a to get in line (and my local doesn't open until 11a, anyway), so I patiently waited for the online sales at 10a. Thanks to Luna & Dusty Groove, I snagged Celia y Willie, Fela, Kenny, Lee Perry, Toots, The Wipers, and the Nashville women comp.

Still debating checking around later today for some of the soul comps, and I'll prob drop in at Sonic Boom tomorrow morning after the farmers market

Yeah, I'm still looking for that Souls Slabs.
It was oos on Rough Trade UK...
Grabbed the Frank Black B-sides comp and Belle and Sebastian's The Boy with the Arab Strap.

Edit: I'm also looking for Tom Tom Club's The Good, the bad & the funky

Edit2: just realized there's a different thread for this... Will post there

EDIT3: Got them all at Luna Records!

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm still looking for that Souls Slabs.
It was oos on Rough Trade UK...
Grabbed the Frank Black B-sides comp and Belle and Sebastian's The Boy with the Arab Strap.

Edit: I'm also looking for Tom Tom Club's The Good, the bad & the funky

Edit2: just realized there's a different thread for this... Will post there

There are still copies at Pop Music in Toronto, but I don't know if shipping and all that will work for you

Nice haul! Where did you end up shopping? Did they open a record store on your remote AK island?
Lol, I am sadly (and happily) no longer in the frozen Tundra. We arrived in Sacramento a few days ago! Although it’ll be a little while longer before the movers deliver our stuff. This is from Kicksville Records in Sacramento and Cherry Records in Auburn.

The sleepy town of Auburn had a great selection and NOBODY in line a half hour before opening. As I was picking up the Richman album the owner told me a funny story about how several years ago a panicked and disheveled Jonathan stumbled into the store asking if he knew of any singers that would help him sing on stage that night, it’s such a confusing tale that it makes perfect since.

Last edited:
Ooof 47US dollars in shipping!
The search continues!
Also here, not sure of the shipping but at least you could throw this in with the ice hockey hair:

So Bernard Butler and Noel G added online , an that’s me done this year ..5 records ..lowest amount brought on a rsd drop in many many years

And I am proud of myself or ignoring that dreadful U2 picture disc at £24 ....

1st new U2 release I’ve not brought on day of release since 1984 ..#staystrong

Anyone get Al green or that Chicago blues comp? Just seeing how those sound 👍🏻
I got the Al Green - I'm listening to it now and I'd say the strings make it sound softer/smoother and less punchy overall. It still sounds pretty natural, though, just more relaxed and less urgent.

My haul:

YDuLWC0.jpeg

The Pinata 84 was the only thing I picked up at my first stop, because I felt depressed at the idea of being 15th in line overall and then walking away empty-handed. Everything else (including Kenny Dorham!) came two hours later at the second store and being almost 150th in line. 😮

That sucks.

I would check with the store first and see if they can't work it out with their supplier - if they can't or won't I'd hit up the label.
There is nothing to be worked out with the supplier. Vinyl is non-returnable. The store gets stuck with the cost of returns.

A very generous store might exchange it is another copy is still available, but if I were the store, I would not on RSD stock. The next copy is likely the same and the store would just be eating a loss on top of a loss, on product that they can easily sell.

Try the label, but dont count on a reply or replacement. Clean it. Start with FirstRV and then follow that with a good RCM clean. Bet it comes out perfect.

Question…won’t both Steely be released later? This has me confused. Also soul slabs? Won’t colemine reissue this, too? I passed on all 3 to get my other must haves.

I was #8 in line to the only local who bothers to drop nuggets. Ended up with slum village, the craft Chicago blues set, my first jazz dispensary release, toots, and my white whale Red hot and blue. Second stop netted Kenny (this used book store had ZERO people looking for RSD drops after 90 minutes of being open)

Back