Record Store Day 2021

Question…won’t both Steely be released later? This has me confused. Also soul slabs? Won’t colemine reissue this, too? I passed on all 3 to get my other must haves.

I was #8 in line to the only local who bothers to drop nuggets. Ended up with slum village, the craft Chicago blues set, my first jazz dispensary release, toots, and my white whale Red hot and blue. Second stop netted Kenny (this used book store had ZERO people looking for RSD drops after 90 minutes of being open)

That Red Hot + Blue was tempting.

As far as I understand it, the Soul Slabs compilations get coloured vinyl RSD releases followed by eventual black vinyl reissues.
Couldn't tell you for sure on the Steely Dan, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it released again eventually.

Question…won’t both Steely be released later? This has me confused. Also soul slabs? Won’t colemine reissue this, too? I passed on all 3 to get my other must haves.

I was #8 in line to the only local who bothers to drop nuggets. Ended up with slum village, the craft Chicago blues set, my first jazz dispensary release, toots, and my white whale Red hot and blue. Second stop netted Kenny (this used book store had ZERO people looking for RSD drops after 90 minutes of being open)
Who really knows. Most RSD stuff that is pressed on colored wax usually get repressed on standard black (but not always). They give releases designations like “RSD Firsts” and “RSD Exclusive” but even those can sometimes be a bit misleading. Bottom line; If it’s a “must have” title it’s always a good idea to grab it when you have a chance.

View attachment 102384My haul… missed out on the Lemonheads and surprisingly, my store didn’t get U2. A friend picked up Red, hot and blue for me
You can get the Lemonheads straight from the label for $15. They also run a shop in San Diego:

Also pick up Lick while you’re at it:

That Conor Oberst was one that I allllmost got and put back, I had done $300 worth of damage already
Conor was at the top of my list. I love both Ruminations and Salutations, so needed this.
This drop was my big $$$ one, not much I want in July other than the Pearl Jam and the Cure, though I may hold out for black vinyl.

Plaidroom Records 7 pm CST today. You'll be able to get everything you missed if you are there at 7pm and can checkout quickly.

I kind of want the Robert Palmer but haven't seen it at the Canadian online shops. Is that one around today? I feel like this is one that will still be available for a while down the road, so I'm not rushing this. (But Robert Palmer is awesome.)

Last edited:
i was able to pick up 3 of them from a very affordable discogs seller

now I just need to buy the black vinyl of 1 and see if andyslash is fine with only giving me one

That Red Hot + Blue was tempting.

As far as I understand it, the Soul Slabs compilations get coloured vinyl RSD releases followed by eventual black vinyl reissues.
Couldn't tell you for sure on the Steely Dan, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it released again eventually.
Not sure if your age but I am 46 and RH+B was a cd that I wore out. I mean it has cut after cut after cut. I am going to play LOVE FOR SALE really loud in a few minutes!!!!

i kinda feel bad that i was able to buy 4 of the 5 I was white whaling on discogs when andy offered so much... i just noticed the price on discogs was small and I would have saved a bit with free shipping...

i do want to get one of them from him unless he says he doesn't have to

Not sure if your age but I am 46 and RH+B was a cd that I wore out. I mean it has cut after cut after cut. I am going to play LOVE FOR SALE really loud in a few minutes!!!!

I missed the 70s by about six weeks. ;)

Never had my own copy of RH + B, but I borrowed my best friend's CD a fair few times. I'm sure I'll kick myself later for passing on it today, but Prince won, even though there are more pressed!

i kinda feel bad that i was able to buy 4 of the 5 I was white whaling on discogs when andy offered so much... i just noticed the price on discogs was small and I would have saved a bit with free shipping...

i do want to get one of them from him unless he says he doesn't have to
I got left holding the bag on a few releases this year. It's mildly frustrating, but I'm also excited to spin them! :p

Back